• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Which dark souls would you say is the best?

User Info: Vicious_Dios

Vicious_Dios
3 months ago#21
Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's > Dark Souls 3 >>>>>>> the rest.
S / K / Y / N / E
Twitch/YouTube/GT: Adzeta

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
3 months ago#22
I'm currently replaying Dark Souls 1 and I've noticed that exploration within levels is really damn tedious.

Levels are made up of a main route and little sub routes, it's that way in every Souls game. The problem in Dark Souls 1 is that many of these sub routes are dead ends, require you to fall off a ledge to get to, and often make it so you skip ahead parts of the main route. Which means if you want to fuly explore you need to backtrack to the parts of the main route that you skipped.

Especially annoying for me was the painted world. That part with the staircase that leads to a ladder, I had to return to there a bunch of times. Run up stairs, climb up ladder, run past heart head hollows trying to reach just one crappy item.

All that running around gets so tedious, especially on replaying it.

I don't mind no access to bonfire warping early game; I think the game is laid out in such a way as to eliminate running between levels as much as possible. Leaving blighttown for the first time for instance has a separate route from where you came in. The problem is the actual exploring within levels is annoying and I'll probably only do one playthrough before moving on.
Shoot first, think never.
FC: 3669-3715-9081

User Info: Kira0987

Kira0987
3 months ago#23
DS2 is complete trash. I don't know how anyone can like that game. Every single thing is so slow and unresponsive. The delay after swinging your sword before you can roll is so clunky and unresponsive.

I get that people are desperate for more Souls, I am too, but DS2 is just a blight on the franchise.

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
3 months ago#24
Kira0987 posted...
DS2 is complete trash. I don't know how anyone can like that game. Every single thing is so slow and unresponsive. The delay after swinging your sword before you can roll is so clunky and unresponsive.

I get that people are desperate for more Souls, I am too, but DS2 is just a blight on the franchise.

Them's fightin words, boy
Your opinion is wrong and your favorite game sucks.
Youtube - Darcnesstrophies Recent Vid - 315 Pound Bench Press!!!

User Info: Love-Wilcox

Love-Wilcox
3 months ago#25
Dark Souls 1 was the most enjoyable at the time because it was my first Souls game but objectively speaking 3 is by far the best of the trilogy.

Yes it lacks the brilliant interconnected world on 1 but apart from that it’s better in almost every other way.

Also DS3 has the best invasions which are my favourite part of Souls games :)
Its OK to be Way of White
PSN: LoveWilcox NNID: dgwhiley

User Info: Snake99001

Snake99001
3 months ago#26
The variety of opinions here is very interesting and uncommon as most franchises usually have a very clear favourite. Personally I ride the DkS 1 bandwagon although if BB was on the list I'd pick that.
Fear your blindness

User Info: maeve2

maeve2
3 months ago#27
Each has its flows.
So far, DS3 has more flaws than any other. It has the best PVP, though, but all in all it a simpleton compared to the previous games.
Too linear. No route to choose.
Braindead enemies. Just run past them and don't bother.
No weapon to miss (like from boss tails).
No choice to make (to kill the FK for a flask upgrade or Solaire for his armour or not).
No balance (unplayable magic).
Nothing new on NG+.
Casual friendly (all vendors are in one place, all titanites but one can be purchased, bonfires every 100 m).
One big pro, countless contras.

DS2 has amazing replayability, vast locations with routes to take. There are viable builds and persistent enemies. You need strategy to move forward. But you move so clunky that it's almost unbearable.
One big contra, countles pros.

DS1. Amazing everything but awful backstab fishing PVP. It's also relatively short.
One contra, countless pros.

Bloodborne has two flaws : useles NG+ and the DLC that was on the game disc from the start (fraud!), the latter is subjective though.
Countless pros, one contra.

Demon's Souls: great layouts, not linear walkthrough, amazing features no other souls game has (world tendencies, invaders lose a soul level when killed by the surroundings etc.) You can even lose weapon just because it's too heavy and you can not pick it up. Omg, even your inventory has capacity. Getting to the boss might be more difficult than the boss themselves.
But. Terminated game servers.
It is said, PVP was bad, I didn't manage to experience it. (Can't judge there properly.)

User Info: tearast

tearast
3 months ago#28
Kira0987 posted...

This is like saying chess is "slow and responsive".
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Which dark souls would you say is the best?
  • Topic Archived