• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Which dark souls would you say is the best?

User Info: ThePenitentOne

ThePenitentOne
1 month ago#1
Can anyone tell me what game would you say is best of all?

Demons souls

Dark souls 1

Dark souls 2

Dark souls 3

User Info: tearast

tearast
1 month ago#2
ThePenitentOne posted...
Can anyone tell me what game would you say is best of all?

Demons souls

Dark souls 1

Dark souls 2

Dark souls 3

Dark Souls 2 due to the build variety and strategic combat, then Dark Souls 1 for the map design. Dark Souls 3 last since they basically turned it into a Diablo-esque hack-n-slash game for the most part.

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
1 month ago#3
Dark Souls 1 for being a flawed masterpiece greater than the sum of it's parts, followed by DeS. Dark Souls 3 is a linear sight seeing tour devoid of spice, and Dark Souls 2 has no redeeming qualities whatsoever.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
1 month ago#4
DkS1 and DkS3 for me.

As for which I enjoy more, it depends on my mood. There are so many different reasons to why I like both of them.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: MagickArrow

MagickArrow
1 month ago#5
That’s tough...

Des has an atmosphere that was never captured in dark souls

I’d still say ds3 though. I love the weapons, armor, ai and spells the most.

Bloodborne is actually my favorite, but it wasn’t on the list.
Don't go and die over nothing

User Info: D3AthByLauGht3r

D3AthByLauGht3r
1 month ago#6
It would have to be 2. Duel-Wielding was the coolest thing in this game. (Loved using dual Smelter Swords)

Never cared for Demon's Souls. PvP was boring since everyone spammed Darkmoon Grass. There was also no point in doing Co-op since the game is too easy. (really annoying how most of the bosses can be cheesed with a Bow).

Dark Souls became obsolete to me once Dark Souls II came out.

Dark Souls III is probably my second favorite though. Especially when invading a gank squad. It is crazy fun when you get the drop on a bunch of guys and start laying a smack down before they even know what happened.
Close your eyes... Now imagine there's is nothing there... No rock roof... Just the sky, and beautiful shining specs of light.

User Info: LILDOOP

LILDOOP
1 month ago#7
DS3, more variety with the inclusion of WA's, also Midir is the coolest boss ever.

DS1 is my second favorite, it is almost perfect and amazingly fun, bosses are a little easy however.

DS2, I don't own it yet; I plan to buy it soon so I can make Griffith (Berserk).
All hail Harada-san! ~

User Info: SlajifrasH045

SlajifrasH045
1 month ago#8
DkS3>DkS2>DkS1

they got better as they went

DkS2 lasts over twice as long so that's something to consider too
Your opinion is wrong and your favorite game sucks.
Youtube - Darcnesstrophies Recent Vid - 315 Pound Bench Press!!!

User Info: INCompl

INCompl
1 month ago#9
Depends on what you enjoy most about the series. DS1 has the best world in the series but only a few good bosses and very exploitable PvP (especially before the remaster which brought weapon matchmaking). DS2 has good PvP, a lot of build variety, and some decent DLC areas. DS3 has the most consistently good bosses in the series and mostly functional PvP. Haven’t played DeS so I can’t say anything about that game. I’m personally torn between DS1 and DS3. If you had the world from DS1 and the bosses from DS3 you’d have as close to a perfect game as humanly possible in my opinion.

User Info: MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn
1 month ago#10
DS2 for sure.
Keith_Valentine: Most gay sex is consensual... I was propositioned a lot at first...
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Which dark souls would you say is the best?
  • Topic Archived