• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Blizzard was apparently working on a Dark Souls style game for three years.

User Info: MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn
3 months ago#1
So this news is still quite fresh, but Blizzard, one of the most renowned game developers in the industry, was working on Diablo 4 from 2013 to 2016 and the game was supposed to be very Dark Souls esque. The project was apparently scrapped in 2016. Diablo 4 is still in the works however Blizzard is likely no longer taking the game down the Dark Souls route. This is an absolute shame as I think we were on the cusp of getting the best action RPG ever. And Diablo’s theme would work extremely well with Dark Souls style camera views and combat. Oh well :(
Keith_Valentine: Most gay sex is consensual... I was propositioned a lot at first...

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
3 months ago#2
Source?
Annoy everyone using this one weird trick!

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
3 months ago#3
Artemis86 posted...
Source?

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content/8176-Kotaku-Warcraft-Version-of-Pokemon-Go-Rumor-New-Islands-Preview-in-Patch-8-1

Project Hades was reportedly a Diablo game in development that would be more like Dark Souls, an over the shoulder dungeon crawler that was also canceled.
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: KDTProjekt

KDTProjekt
3 months ago#4
Rumors are now pointing to Diablo 4 being a generic, perpetually monetized, always online, likely subscription based MMO. Prepare for World Of Diablo. All they key staff at Blizzard involved with Diablo since it's original incarnations have jumped ship as well.
"Gamefaqs is just a random rants generator" - Westcurry

User Info: Artemis86

Artemis86
3 months ago#5
KDTProjekt posted...
Rumors are now pointing to Diablo 4 being a generic, perpetually monetized, always online, likely subscription based MMO. Prepare for World Of Diablo. All they key staff at Blizzard involved with Diablo since it's original incarnations have jumped ship as well.

:( Well, there goes my interest in the series. That sounds incredibly bad.

Cuz honestly, the mobile announcement makes me think it's far from a rumor.
Annoy everyone using this one weird trick!

User Info: ffogell

ffogell
3 months ago#6
f*** Diablo go play that : https://www.pathofexile.com/

stellar free to play game that replaced d3 and future for me !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzJDimvPW1Y

User Info: MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn
3 months ago#7
KDTProjekt posted...

This is actually far from the truth. All the leaks seem to indicate that though Diablo 3 sold really well, that Blizzard was not happy with how the game turned out. While they made a buck, there is internal concern that it was done at the expense of damaging the franchise. They are committed to restoring the game to greatness. With that said, I’ve also learned that they are still considering making it a third person game, a-la Dark Souls; however, that does not mean they are looking to make “Diablo Souls”. They are just unsure if the isometric view is dated. It just may be by the time the game comes out in 2020/2021.
Keith_Valentine: Most gay sex is consensual... I was propositioned a lot at first...

User Info: Fizzle_Pork

Fizzle_Pork
3 months ago#8
If you still support Blizzard *cough/Activision/cough* in 2018 you are actively damaging the game industry.

User Info: ImBadAtGames

ImBadAtGames
3 months ago#9
ffogell posted...
f*** Diablo go play that : https://www.pathofexile.com/

stellar free to play game that replaced d3 and future for me !

@ffogell I want to like PoE, but man does it get boring. Grim Dawn felt way more like an authentic Diablo experience.
I have a great signature, the best. It's such a great signature. Nobody has a better signature than I do. I have the best signature, ask anyone

User Info: Great_Khan

Great_Khan
3 months ago#10
Oh well, Nioh gave us Diablo Souls anyway.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Blizzard was apparently working on a Dark Souls style game for three years.
  • Topic Archived