• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Why is Dark Souls 1 more fun to play?

User Info: Zodd3224

Zodd3224
1 month ago#41
tearast posted...
Zodd3224 posted...
tearast posted...
Zodd3224 posted...
tearast posted...
Zodd3224 posted...

You CAN, but you wont. There is no reason anyone would walk from Black Gulch back to Majula... actually come to think of it, CAN you even climb out of The Gutter back to Majula? I dont think you can even get out of The Gutter, nevermind the well. Same with Lost Bastille.

And you could say the same about DS3 if you want.. You can walk all the way from High Wall to Cathedral of the Deep to Anor Londo to The Profaned Capital to Lothric Castle. Its all connected. Although you cant go back from Undead Settlement, like the DS2 areas mentioned. The only area you HAVE to warp to after you enter High Wall is the Kiln.

I don't give a s*** about walking back, it's still connected physically. I don't know why you keep mentioning going back. There are 5+ NATURAL connections from Majula. From Firelink? ONLY LOAD SCREENS.

LoL, okay but that is meaningless. Your original point was that DS2 is connected whereas in DS3 you "just teleport everywhere." The bottom line is both worlds are just as connected (aside from the Hub in 3) and both games have just as much "teleporting everywhere."

No, DS3's world is not connected at all. Tell me, what exactly is connected to Firelink physically? I already told you what is physically connected to Majula.

Im starting to think I just got trolled... but what the hell.

The hub is not the entirety of the world. Its one area. Just because the hub isnt connected doesnt mean the rest of the world isnt connected.

Yes, the parts of the world are connected to each other by a load screen. Mind boggling that you comprehend such simple concepts.

Which parts, aside from Firelink, are connected by load screens? Have you even played DS3?
https://imgur.com/qAas5O2

User Info: ImmortalDragonX

ImmortalDragonX
1 month ago#42
Zodd3224 posted...
tearast posted...
Zodd3224 posted...
tearast posted...
Zodd3224 posted...
tearast posted...
Zodd3224 posted...

You CAN, but you wont. There is no reason anyone would walk from Black Gulch back to Majula... actually come to think of it, CAN you even climb out of The Gutter back to Majula? I dont think you can even get out of The Gutter, nevermind the well. Same with Lost Bastille.

And you could say the same about DS3 if you want.. You can walk all the way from High Wall to Cathedral of the Deep to Anor Londo to The Profaned Capital to Lothric Castle. Its all connected. Although you cant go back from Undead Settlement, like the DS2 areas mentioned. The only area you HAVE to warp to after you enter High Wall is the Kiln.

I don't give a s*** about walking back, it's still connected physically. I don't know why you keep mentioning going back. There are 5+ NATURAL connections from Majula. From Firelink? ONLY LOAD SCREENS.

LoL, okay but that is meaningless. Your original point was that DS2 is connected whereas in DS3 you "just teleport everywhere." The bottom line is both worlds are just as connected (aside from the Hub in 3) and both games have just as much "teleporting everywhere."

No, DS3's world is not connected at all. Tell me, what exactly is connected to Firelink physically? I already told you what is physically connected to Majula.

Im starting to think I just got trolled... but what the hell.

The hub is not the entirety of the world. Its one area. Just because the hub isnt connected doesnt mean the rest of the world isnt connected.

Yes, the parts of the world are connected to each other by a load screen. Mind boggling that you comprehend such simple concepts.

Which parts, aside from Firelink, are connected by load screens? Have you even played DS3?

DLC excluded?

Firelink Shrine
Highwall of Lothric
Undead Settlement (if coming from Highwall. First time is cinematic, loading screen afterwards)
Archdragon Peak

Untended Graves half applies since you can reach it without porting, but need to port to leave it.

From Undead Settlement...

Road of Sacrifices
Cathedral of the Deep
Farron Keep
Catacombs of Carthus
Smouldering Lake/Demon Ruins
Irithyll of the Boreal Valley
Anor Londo
Irithyll Dungeon
Profaned Capital

From Highwall of Lothric:
Lothric Castle
Grand Archives

All-in-all, I'd say the world is pretty connected aside from a few outliers.

And just because none of these areas really connect on any sort of loop does not mean there is no world connection at all. Dots connected on a straight line are still connected.
Insanity is a dish best served with fried rice and jello.
Youtube: ZanjitaShin. PSN: zanjita

User Info: MajesticUnicorn

MajesticUnicorn
1 month ago#43
SlajifrasH045 posted...
Take off your nostalgia glasses, DKS3 is superior in every way

Scholar of the First Sin > rest
Keith_Valentine: Most gay sex is consensual... I was propositioned a lot at first...

User Info: tearast

tearast
1 month ago#44
ImmortalDragonX posted...

DLC excluded?

Firelink Shrine
Highwall of Lothric
Undead Settlement (if coming from Highwall. First time is cinematic, loading screen afterwards)
Archdragon Peak

Untended Graves half applies since you can reach it without porting, but need to port to leave it.

Road of Sacrifices
Cathedral of the Deep
Farron Keep
Catacombs of Carthus
Anor Londo
Irithyll Dungeon
Profaned Capital

Lothric Castle
Grand Archives

And just because none of these areas really connect on any sort of loop does not mean there is no world connection at all. Dots connected on a straight line are still connected.

Instant fail because none of those are connected to Firelink. Load screens rule DS3.

Didn't expect much from someone that hasn't even played a Souls game before:

I've never played any of the previous Souls games. Just DS3 and Bloodborne.

User Info: Zodd3224

Zodd3224
1 month ago#45
tearast posted...

DLC excluded?

Firelink Shrine
Highwall of Lothric
Archdragon Peak

Road of Sacrifices
Cathedral of the Deep
Farron Keep
Catacombs of Carthus
Anor Londo
Irithyll Dungeon
Profaned Capital

Lothric Castle
Grand Archives

Instant fail because none of those are connected to Firelink. Load screens rule DS3.

This was some pretty decent trolling. I wasnt actually sure until this post.
https://imgur.com/qAas5O2

User Info: tearast

tearast
1 month ago#46
Zodd3224 posted...
tearast posted...

DLC excluded?

Firelink Shrine
Highwall of Lothric
Archdragon Peak

Road of Sacrifices
Cathedral of the Deep
Farron Keep
Catacombs of Carthus
Anor Londo
Irithyll Dungeon
Profaned Capital

Lothric Castle
Grand Archives

This was some pretty decent trolling. I wasnt actually sure until this post.

Is this how children argue these days? By calling others a "troll" when they get bested?

User Info: Sapdcre

Sapdcre
1 month ago#47
>not realising DS3 is the closet thing to a demons' souls remake.
>Not realising firelink is meant to be like The Nexus.

User Info: KeatonHoro

KeatonHoro
1 month ago#48
Sapdcre posted...
>not realising DS3 is the closet thing to a demons' souls remake.
>Not realising firelink is meant to be like The Nexus.

God I miss Demon's Souls
You only live once so jump in a hole like a boss & never come back!
Rabbits are a 10 year commitment! Rabbit.org
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Why is Dark Souls 1 more fun to play?
  • Topic Archived