remember in dark souls 1 when the game was artificially difficult?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. remember in dark souls 1 when the game was artificially difficult?

User Info: WinnerXYZ

WinnerXYZ
3 months ago#51
One reason the arguably BS moments in DS1 don't bother me that much is because there usually is a way to counter them in some way. Be it using Greatshields, the Ring of Fog, range attacks, Fall Control or something else, subsequent playthroughs are far more enjoyable because there are ways in the game to bypass almost all the BS moments I came across the first time.

With that said, I can definitely see where the TC is coming from. Moments like these can be pure frustration for a new player that goes in without prior knowledge. Still love the game. Even if it is considered "cheesing", I like having the option to filter out the crap from the good. Really hated not having the Ring of Fog in DS2.
"The gilding on the mask had cracked to reveal the rot underneath" - Max Payne

User Info: 8420

3 months ago#52
If you look up 'artificial difficulty' you'll find the Agility and Adaptability stats from Dark Souls 2.
Wishing things were different is a great way to torture yourself.
"Don't worry fam, quitting LoL is easy, I've done it at least 10 times." -RJ1771

User Info: Zach_Nightt

Zach_Nightt
3 months ago#53
8420 posted...
If you look up 'artificial difficulty' you'll find the Agility and Adaptability stats from Dark Souls 2.

Wow, are you the Soul of Cinder? 8ecause that was some serious flames thrown!!!!!!!!
"And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero."
-Vriska Serket, Thief of Light. "Yeah!!!!!!!!"

User Info: SSaiyaman

SSaiyaman
3 months ago#54
8420 posted...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tqo-v-zeZ24

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8udVih2pRu8
Life Is Strange has taught me that, inside each of us is a hella nosy teenage girl.
PSN: ShinkuNoYami | YouTube: Shinku no Yami

User Info: Estifiithous

Estifiithous
3 months ago#55
Didn't read the thread, but anyone who thinks 1 is better than 2 or 3 is a neanderthal cuck.
Dark Souls 3 PvP Legend. I am one of the main reasons the dark SS meta and PKCS meta exists today on Dark Souls 3. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.

User Info: NeoHawk9

NeoHawk9
3 months ago#56
Estifiithous posted...
Didn't read the thread, but anyone who thinks 1 is better than 2 or 3 is a neanderthal cuck.

coming from a dark souls 3 pvp legend LOL
about 90% thinks 1 is better. surely they are all wrong and you don't have brain damage

User Info: p06111981

p06111981
3 months ago#57
Wasn't dark souls patched to make it easier? IIRC enemy agro range was reduced quite a bit and a few other changes too.

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
3 months ago#58
p06111981 posted...
Wasn't dark souls patched to make it easier? IIRC enemy agro range was reduced quite a bit and a few other changes too.

I’ve heard that.

(I could check later...)
Now you have a companion who never sickens or fails or dies; you are bonded to the eternal and will shine like the healing sun itself. -VALIS, Ch. 12, P.K.D

User Info: KOTRwhoops

KOTRwhoops
3 months ago#59
SoundNetwork posted...
And the fan boys come storming in

"It never happened to me because I'm so smart I saw the burning bridge so I knew to sprint to the stairs that goes under the bridge"

Sad ds fan boys in a nutshell

It's true, I got hit once by fire on my first playthough. Then baited the attack and ran to safety. Easy, well easy for most, not you.
PLAYING - Assassin's Creed Origins (PS4), The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (NS), Secret of Mana (PS4)
PSN - Robioto, STEAM - Robioto555

User Info: SoundNetwork

SoundNetwork
3 months ago#60
NeoHawk9 posted...
Estifiithous posted...

coming from a dark souls 3 pvp legend LOL
about 90% thinks 1 is better. surely they are all wrong and you don't have brain damage

infallible logic, bro
most people used to think the earth is flat, it must be true!
DS1 fanboy logic lmao
http://i.imgur.com/HcKBWZ6.gif
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. remember in dark souls 1 when the game was artificially difficult?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived