• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Does anyone turn off music during boss battle ?

User Info: bigz2014

bigz2014
2 years ago#1
I've developed this little strategy
if I find myself dying too many times to the same boss
I turn off the music so I can play better
there are a few benefits of doing this:
yes I know, the boss music is awesome, but the "awesome" music is what getting you so pumped up
you're more likely to make mistakes and play aggressive because of the music
it's a psychology thingy, the music distracts you to make better movements and think rationally
at least that's what I think From soft is trying to do
turning down music also makes it easier to anticipate boss movement
a lot of attack has audio cues , it's just easier to hear
I turn down the music to 2, so all the sound there is boss movement and the sound of sword hitting

User Info: IIwintermuteII

IIwintermuteII
2 years ago#2
Hey I like you , I did this exact thing for some of the bosses on my sl1 , because the music changing with the phases made it too real. Plus I like how echoey it is sometimes. Seems so desolate.
PSN: franzkefka

User Info: ApexMjolnir

ApexMjolnir
2 years ago#3
I turn the music off in every game... except games that have radio stations... I want to hear music when I play... I don't want it to be so visceral that it adds to the tension, or sets the mood. I understand how important music is to a game that has literally no story, but I am pretty sure I don't need an orchestra telling me that I need to clench my buttcheex.
If what I said doesn't makes sense... it's because you don't want it to make sense.

User Info: Limelol

Limelol
2 years ago#4
That's blasphemy!
"That is so fetch!"

User Info: MrSmi7h

MrSmi7h
2 years ago#5
Limelol posted...
That's blasphemy!
Dark Souls 3 Cleric PvP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP5UOlv3MNA

User Info: _Angel_

_Angel_
2 years ago#6
I just tune out the music most times
XBL: XxGR33NB34NZxX // PSN: XxGR33N_B34NZxX // Steam: XxGR33NB34NZxX // Apex Predators Admin (Monster Hunter)
"Bawk!", said the Cr1m1n41.

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
2 years ago#7
Nah unless I'm listening to my own music outside the game.

I like the music. I don't struggle enough with the bosses for it to be an issue.
Shoot first, think never.

User Info: Maarfy

Maarfy
2 years ago#8
I was more prone to muting the music in Bloodborne due to repeat-farming Chalice bosses, less so in Dark Souls III. I will say that music-off Dancer is kinda neat, though.

User Info: Yzaias

Yzaias
2 years ago#9
i've actually done this before, it really seems to help me out, like none of the simple or easy PvE enemies get boss music so if i tone down the bosses they're just like regular enemies rite? disregard aldritch crocodogs

only problem is the fight could be a bit boring, that music is half of the fight

i have my music at 3, but my voice and sound are at 5
Only STR/INT in Dark Souls.
Bastard Sword User

User Info: bigz2014

bigz2014
2 years ago#10
Yzaias posted...
i've actually done this before, it really seems to help me out, like none of the simple or easy PvE enemies get boss music so if i tone down the bosses they're just like regular enemies rite? disregard aldritch crocodogs

only problem is the fight could be a bit boring, that music is half of the fight

i have my music at 3, but my voice and sound are at 5

that's exactly what I'm talking about. the Boss music is there to intimidate you,
it's a psychological warfare, you lost to the boss because you keep thinking that you're fighting a boss, your own mind is scaring you.
but some human shape boss really just feels like an elite regular enemy, with more movesets , and more health.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Does anyone turn off music during boss battle ?
  • Topic Archived