You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. NPC Side Quests Guide V2

User Info: DarkBlackHeart

DarkBlackHeart
2 years ago#41
What is the trigger for Yuria to leave her gear behind without having to killing her? I got the Usurpation of the Fire ending but she's still there.

User Info: entlassen

entlassen
2 years ago#42
Great guide! Do I need to summon Yuria for the final boss fight for her to drop her loot at the end? Similarly, do I need to summon the old pyromancer for the old demon king for him to drop his loot in his original cage? (I think these were the only two you suggested we should summon in order to not miss gear?)

I think the only thing that would make this guide better is if you listed all the black phantom invaders in each zone. They drop gear, they are missable (if you kill zone boss without killing the black phanto then they can't spawn), and listing them would make this guide a true 100% unmissables progression checklist, since it's very easy to die and forget to re-ember as you walk through the zones.

Edit: One other thing concerning the final step of siegward's quest line. When you kill yhorm, you are supposed to be able to talk to siegward immediately afterwards for him to give you his final dialogue and 3rd siegbreau. However, we know that Emma will summon you the moment you kill your 3rd lord of cinder. Your guide seems to suggest that if you go back to yhorm' boss room, siege is already dead?! You said that you can still get his loot, but do you miss that final dialogue and siegbreau? If that's the case it's better to kill yhorm before Aldrich so that the Emma cutscenes happens during the Aldrich kill instead?
(edited 2 years ago)
(message deleted)
(message deleted)
Where is Sirris' grandfather's grave? On the last one I believe it said it was in firelink, but I never found it.
Official Soul Mate of Gooseymayne
(message deleted)

User Info: AlexSobecki

AlexSobecki
2 years ago#47
Zendaik posted...
Awesome OP! Would you also happen to know all the locations of NPC invaders?

Also did I miss the Prostration gesture till NG+ since I forgave Patches?

Yeah, I was going to include all the NPC invaders, but decided against it unless they have anything to do with side quests or gestures. Might add it in a V3 if there are enough errors in this one that need correcting.

Also yes, you have to not forgive him for that gesture. Only way to get it.

MastaMenace posted...
- Anri Progress: Get back to the wooden bridge that allowed you to access the Smouldering Lake and speak if Anri to the upper right of it. Tell her of the Smouldering Lake and she’ll give you the Ring of the Evil Eye. If she isn’t here for you, you’ll have to wait until the next area to find her.
---

I've been reading other guides saying to not tell Anri about smouldering lake after killing Horace. (I'm trying to do the usurpation of fire ending). So which is right??

You can tell her, but it really doesn't matter in regards to doing the Usurpation of Fire ending. Telling her or not telling her is more so to know where she's going to be at the end of her quest line if you don't do that ending.

DarkBlackHeart posted...
What is the trigger for Yuria to leave her gear behind without having to killing her? I got the Usurpation of the Fire ending but she's still there.

You have to summon her and have her survive the final battle apparently, haven't done it, but that's what I've read/heard. I normally just kill her at the end, same difference

The_Gjallarhorn posted...
Where is Sirris' grandfather's grave? On the last one I believe it said it was in firelink, but I never found it.

Head out of Firelink through the main door and head left. There's normally a Undead dog hanging out around that section

entlassen posted...
Edit: One other thing concerning the final step of siegward's quest line. When you kill yhorm, you are supposed to be able to talk to siegward immediately afterwards for him to give you his final dialogue and 3rd siegbreau. However, we know that Emma will summon you the moment you kill your 3rd lord of cinder. Your guide seems to suggest that if you go back to yhorm' boss room, siege is already dead?! You said that you can still get his loot, but do you miss that final dialogue and siegbreau? If that's the case it's better to kill yhorm before Aldrich so that the Emma cutscenes happens during the Aldrich kill instead?

If you're right next to Siegward when the fight ends, you have enough time to talk to him quickly to get his dialogue and final Siegbrau. But yeah, maybe it's better to do them reverse...I just prefer this order for some reason lol.
See You, Space Cowboy!
GT: Alex Sobecki Twitter: @AlexSobecki
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Bombtwo

Bombtwo
2 years ago#48
Chronological order is fair and good for people who keep referring to this guide, but it's very confusing to someone who just wants to quick check on the status according to individual NPCs and quests.

Any way you can bring back V1 as well?
DeathGodGarra posted...
Zendaik posted...
Awesome OP! Would you also happen to know all the locations of NPC invaders?

Also did I miss the Prostration gesture till NG+ since I forgave Patches?

Yeah, I was going to include all the NPC invaders, but decided against it unless they have anything to do with side quests or gestures. Might add it in a V3 if there are enough errors in this one that need correcting.

Also yes, you have to not forgive him for that gesture. Only way to get it.

MastaMenace posted...
- Anri Progress: Get back to the wooden bridge that allowed you to access the Smouldering Lake and speak if Anri to the upper right of it. Tell her of the Smouldering Lake and she’ll give you the Ring of the Evil Eye. If she isn’t here for you, you’ll have to wait until the next area to find her.
---

I've been reading other guides saying to not tell Anri about smouldering lake after killing Horace. (I'm trying to do the usurpation of fire ending). So which is right??

You can tell her, but it really doesn't matter in regards to doing the Usurpation of Fire ending. Telling her or not telling her is more so to know where she's going to be at the end of her quest line if you don't do that ending.

DarkBlackHeart posted...

You have to summon her and have her survive the final battle apparently, haven't done it, but that's what I've read/heard. I normally just kill her at the end, same difference

The_Gjallarhorn posted...

Head out of Firelink through the main door and head left. There's normally a Undead dog hanging out around that section

entlassen posted...

If you're right next to Siegward when the fight ends, you have enough time to talk to him quickly to get his dialogue and final Siegbrau. But yeah, maybe it's better to do them reverse...I just prefer this order for some reason lol.

The cutscene doesn't trigger until after you talk to siegward no matter what
Official Soul Mate of Gooseymayne
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: AlexSobecki

AlexSobecki
2 years ago#50
Bombtwo posted...
Chronological order is fair and good for people who keep referring to this guide, but it's very confusing to someone who just wants to quick check on the status according to individual NPCs and quests.

Any way you can bring back V1 as well?

http://pastebin.com/dFyndxbw
See You, Space Cowboy!
GT: Alex Sobecki Twitter: @AlexSobecki
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. NPC Side Quests Guide V2