You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. NPC Side Quests Guide V2

User Info: archeronline4U

archeronline4U
2 years ago#251
Miniflood posted...
GladiusVortex posted...
BUckENbooz posted...
Now with the situation with greirat, you say to refuse him from going to lothric because he will die, however if he does go and dies you can just give his soul to the maiden and she will sell you everything he sold, so basically it doesn't matter if you refuse or not right? Wouldn't it be easier to just have the maiden sell everything plus what greirat sold?

You're sending a friend to his death tho.

When you send Greirat to pillage any place:

If he survives and returns: His personal stock expands.

If he dies: Giving his ashes to the Shrine Handmaid allows her to sell what he had before he left, and what he obtained during his trip.

For example, if Greirat dies in Irithyll, all the items he would have sold afterwards will be available at the Handmaid, such as the blessings and Lothric weapons.

Sending Greirat to Lothric does always lead to his death, as far as I know, but you will gain access to new items at the Handmaid if you retrieve his ashes from the archives.

Edit: Greirat's lower prices also override the Handmaid's for items they both sell.

I did not know this thank you
I've a question folks, and forgive me if this is obvious:

Does following this guide equate to completing all npc quests 100%? Is that even possible?

If not, what's more important is getting all the rings and gestures they can reward for the trophies; does this guide lead me to that?
The mods on this site operate with bias 100% of the time

User Info: artiksilver

artiksilver
2 years ago#253
HazelrahFirefly posted...

Does following this guide equate to completing all npc quests 100%? Is that even possible?

If not, what's more important is getting all the rings and gestures they can reward for the trophies; does this guide lead me to that?

It's impossible to get all the rings in one playthrough, you need to go up to NG++, so I'd say just go for the silvercat ring in NG, then do the gestures achievement in NG+.

More specificaly, the Proper Bow gesture from Heysels white phantom summon can ONLY be gotten before fighting the abyss watchers but AFTER giving a Pale Tongue to Rosaria, and doing that will break Sirris quest, making it impossible to get the silvercat ring in that playthrough.

User Info: KoStorms

KoStorms
2 years ago#254
artiksilver posted...

It's impossible to get all the rings in one playthrough, you need to go up to NG++, so I'd say just go for the silvercat ring in NG, then do the gestures achievement in NG+.

More specificaly, the Proper Bow gesture from Heysels white phantom summon can ONLY be gotten before fighting the abyss watchers but AFTER giving a Pale Tongue to Rosaria, and doing that will break Sirris quest, making it impossible to get the silvercat ring in that playthrough.

Actually you can get all the gestures, Sirris quest and more done in one playthrough. It just requires a bit of back and forth. More specifically you can get everything from Yuria/Yoel quest, the pale shade items, proper gesture and sirris quest. First you complete Yoel's quest to spawn Yuria. Next follow her quest until you meet Anri. Now here's the tricky part, you can't return to the shrine AT ALL for a good while. You go get invaded by Heysel in the road of sacrifices then head to the farron keep and get invaded there. Then head to the cathedral and give a pale tongue to ally heysel. head to the keep and summon her to get the gesture. Now you can head to the shrine to meet sirris for the first time and she won't have broken her quest. from now on though if you equip the item or give another tongue it will break her quest. now go punch Yuria 3 time to anger her and run to the bonfire to warp to the keep. as long as you go get invaded by the shade and get the claws THEN go get your sin cleared at the settlement before heading back she will still be there and now no longer hostile. Contiune the game and all as normal until you reach the valley and do the same again with the shades invasion spot there. now the pale shade set will be at the shrine and you can finish yuria's quest as normal. doing this gets you everything you'd normally have to do two playthroughs in one go.
So wait, is the only real conflict between Yuria and Sirris' questlines? If that's the case then I am in the clear to follow the guide I believe; I already have the silvercat ring.
(message deleted)
KoStorms posted...
So wait, is the only real conflict between Yuria and Sirris' questlines? If that's the case then I am in the clear to follow the guide I believe; I already have the silvercat ring.

The only real conflict involves them yes, but not with each other. The conflicts are Yoel/Yuria's quest will break if you cure the dark sigil, kill the pilgrim that follows Anri, kill Anri, kill Yuria or anger her and not clear your sins. Sirris's will break if you equip the covenant item from Rosaria's Fingers, offer a pale tongue to Rosaria (Rebirth is okay now as before the 1.05 patch it wasn't) or attack Sirris and kill her.

Here's a actual reddit post I made that explains what you have to do to get everything that conflicts in one go. Just follow the guide like normal only make sure to check my posts steps to get it right.
https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4mpuoa/spoilers_multiple_questline_rewards_with_one/

This seems incredibly helpful! I look forward to putting it to use in NG+
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: sauceje

sauceje
2 years ago#258
10/10 utility
"I like the missionary position: standing in a cook pot in a safari suit,
looking towards Africa. Is that too much to ask for?"
Read over the whole guide and... holy moly is it all confusing. Not because of the guide, but because of how involved these quests feel. I seriously feel lost before even starting.

I need ending 4, to collect a handful of gestures, and need miracles from Irina. Seems like I can't get all of those in one play through.

Also, this guide states that you can give faith tomes to Karla, but I have found that to be entirely untrue.

User Info: AlexSobecki

AlexSobecki
2 years ago#260
Read over the whole guide and... holy moly is it all confusing. Not because of the guide, but because of how involved these quests feel. I seriously feel lost before even starting.

I need ending 4, to collect a handful of gestures, and need miracles from Irina. Seems like I can't get all of those in one play through.

Also, this guide states that you can give faith tomes to Karla, but I have found that to be entirely untrue.

Karla doesn't accept them at first, but you can eventually convince her to take them.
See You, Space Cowboy!
GT: Alex Sobecki Twitter: @AlexSobecki
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. NPC Side Quests Guide V2