You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. NPC Side Quests Guide V2

User Info: BUckENbooz

BUckENbooz
2 years ago#241
MastaMenace posted...
- Anri Progress: Get back to the wooden bridge that allowed you to access the Smouldering Lake and speak if Anri to the upper right of it. Tell her of the Smouldering Lake and she’ll give you the Ring of the Evil Eye. If she isn’t here for you, you’ll have to wait until the next area to find her.
---

I've been reading other guides saying to not tell Anri about smouldering lake after killing Horace. (I'm trying to do the usurpation of fire ending). So which is right??

I did tell her about Smouldering Lake and still got it. If your still not satisfied watch this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPeSdlbT8D0

User Info: GladiusVortex

GladiusVortex
2 years ago#242
BUckENbooz posted...
Now with the situation with greirat, you say to refuse him from going to lothric because he will die, however if he does go and dies you can just give his soul to the maiden and she will sell you everything he sold, so basically it doesn't matter if you refuse or not right? Wouldn't it be easier to just have the maiden sell everything plus what greirat sold?

You're sending a friend to his death tho.
Not changing this Sig until Isaac is playable in Smash Bros. Started : 2014-03-02
3DS FC : 4038 7010 2331

User Info: Grinning_Death

Grinning_Death
2 years ago#243
GladiusVortex posted...
BUckENbooz posted...
Now with the situation with greirat, you say to refuse him from going to lothric because he will die, however if he does go and dies you can just give his soul to the maiden and she will sell you everything he sold, so basically it doesn't matter if you refuse or not right? Wouldn't it be easier to just have the maiden sell everything plus what greirat sold?

It's a video game
PSN - Brylantor

User Info: Miniflood

Miniflood
2 years ago#244
GladiusVortex posted...
BUckENbooz posted...

When you send Greirat to pillage any place:

If he survives and returns: His personal stock expands.

If he dies: Giving his ashes to the Shrine Handmaid allows her to sell what he had before he left, and what he obtained during his trip.

For example, if Greirat dies in Irithyll, all the items he would have sold afterwards will be available at the Handmaid, such as the blessings and Lothric weapons.

Sending Greirat to Lothric does always lead to his death, as far as I know, but you will gain access to new items at the Handmaid if you retrieve his ashes from the archives.

Edit: Greirat's lower prices also override the Handmaid's for items they both sell.
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: voldothegr8

voldothegr8
2 years ago#245
I searched a bit and didn't see this brought up, but you can give a scroll to Orbeck still after beating Abyss Watchers, but he will go away if you don't give him one before stepping foot in the Catacombs.
Oda break tracker 2016- 2 (2)
Super Mario Maker Profile: 1237-0000-0073-02FE
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: gatz900

gatz900
2 years ago#246
great topic! thank you!
The observer is the observed.
psn: gatz900

User Info: macdaddygee

macdaddygee
2 years ago#247
Edit, after recieveing rest gesture, speak to him again and receive sleep gesture
Hakuna Matata
PSN - MacDaddieGee

User Info: HAPPYFOAM

HAPPYFOAM
2 years ago#248
You are a god. I've followed this on my second playthrough, and it hasn't led me astray. I hope to see your guides in the future.
The proof is in the pudding... the pudding... OF YOUR DOOM!!! - Higashizawa, TWEWY

User Info: SSJPabs

SSJPabs
2 years ago#249
I was working on a faith build and forgot about Orbeck completely until after I'd entered the Catacombs. I had grabbed the two sorcery scrolls in Farron Keep, but thought he was gone. I went back to the place where Orbeck was above the Crystal Sage boss room and he was still there. I sent him to Firelink, warped there and gave him the scrolls where his questline proceeded as normal.

I cannot for the life of me remember if I'd cleared the Catacombs or not, but I had certainly entered them before talking to Orbeck at all.
PSN: SpecialNewb
FF Record Keeper (Android) Friend ID: t5PE

User Info: archeronline4U

archeronline4U
2 years ago#250
I took me all night, but with the help of this guide I was able to complete all side quests!
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. NPC Side Quests Guide V2