You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Covenant Joining/Reward Guide *Spoilers*

User Info: Max58201

Max58201
2 years ago#1
Warriors of Sunlight

Joining
From the Undead Settlement Bonfire, head left, through the corpse-house towards the burning tree with undead worshipping around it. From here, head straight ahead until you reach another bunch of houses, at the end of the stairs going down. Keep going straight through the stone archway, and into the door of the first house ahead. The room has mnay hanging corpses. The talisman can be found by falling through the gap in the floor.

Effects of Covenant
•The player's white summon signature will now be golden.
•The player will shine with golden luminosity while summoned into another player's world.
•Upon achiveing one's purpose when summoned, (defeating a boss, or completeing an area) the player will recieve (in addition to default gifts) a Sunlight Medal, which can be bestowed to the covenant alter to achieve higher ranking in the warriors of sunlight covenant.
•Upon reaching a higher ranking, the player will recieve a set gift (see Rank Requirements).
•If invading with the Red Sign Soap Stone or the Red eye orb your color will be orange

Rank Requirements
Bestowing Sunlight Medals to the sunlight alter, until the next rank is achieved. You can achieve these by helping another player successfully co op a boss or as a possible drop from Lothric Knights in Lothric Castle.

Rank Requirement/Rewards

1 10 Sunlight Medal Sacred Oath
2 30 Sunlight Medal Great Lightning Spear

Way of the blue

Joining
•It is located across from Vordt of the Boreal Valley boss fight in the Cathedral with Emma

Effects of covenant

The Way of the Blue is a co-op covenant that allows Blue Sentinels to be summoned your world automatically when you are being invaded, in order to protect you. This covenant is mostly aimed towards players who have trouble beating invaders or just like to have some added security.

Rank/Reward

There are none for this covenant

Blue Sentinels

Joining
•It is located in Halfway Fortress bonfire by the Road of Sacrifices. Horace the Hushed will be found in this location.

Effects of covenant
•Blue Sentinels will be summoned into the worlds of those in the Way of Blue to defend them from hostile invaders. This behavior is shared with the Blades of the Darkmoon.
•Blue sentinels phantom color is light blue

Rank/Reward

They share ranks with Darkmoon blades... so see their reward
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
(edited 2 years ago)

Max58201
2 years ago#2
Blades of the Darkmoon

Joining
•It is located in Anor Londo by moving the pillar switch on the rotating platform and walking over an invisible path at the bottom of the stairs. The rotating platform must be at the top to access this location. Once it is at the top (allowing access to Anor Londo) go to the bottom of the stairs (on the rotating platform). you will see a bonfire on at platform directly in front of you on the broken path. You can walk on the open air directly in front of your player. Do not deviate from the path until you are perpendicular to the bonfire, then go 90% to your right. you will land safely next to the bonfire.
•You must have learned the Darkmoon Loyalty Gesture from Sirris of the Sunless Realm.

Effects of covenant
The covenant is identical in function to the Blue Sentinels. Reports of being able to invade guilty players are unconfirmed as of yet.
Rank Requirements

Ranks are obtained by offering obtained Proof of a Concord Kept items to Company Captain Yorshka. These can be acquired by being summoned with the Covenant item equipped and defeating players OR by defeating Silver Knights, as they have a small chance to drop them.

Rank/Reward

1 10 Darkmoon Ring (Grants 2 additional attunement slots.)
2 30 Darkmoon Blade (Miracle)

Rosaria's Fingers

Joining
•It is located in Cathedral of the Deep.

Effects of covenant
•Rosaria's Fingers is a covenant that allows you to be "reborn". Rebirth allows you to trade a Pale Tongue to reallocate your stats or change your appereance. You have a maximum of 5 rebirths per playthrough.
•Rosaria's Fingers phantom color is red.

Rank Requirements

Ranks are obtained by offering Pale Tongue. Acquire these by invading and successfully defeating a host with this Covenant item equipped OR by killing Darkwraiths in Road of Sacrifices. You turn in these items at Rosaria, Mother of Rebirth in Cathedral of the Deep.

Rank/Reward

1 10 Pale Tongues offered Obscuring Ring
2 30 Pale Tongues offered Man-Grub's Staff

Mound Makers

Joining
•Before defeating the Curse-Rotted Greatwood boss go to the Undead Settlement starting area bonfire. Keep going right past the rooftops with the pointed hat assassins and drop down where you will find an enemy with a cage on his back. Approach from behind and press "examine". A cutscene will appear and you will be teleported to the area where an NPC gives you the covenant.
•If you defeat the Curse-Rotted Greatwood before acquiring the covenant, go to the entrance of the boss room after having defeated 3 Lords of Cinder. There you can activate the summoning sign of Sirris of the Sunless Realms and join in cooperation. If successful, you will acquire the Covenant. You must not turned Sirris hostile towards you.

Effects of Covenant
•When using the summon sign you are placed in the friendly phantom slots for the host. You can kill any phantom and the host. You also can attack and kill the enemies in the hosts world. However you cannot enter a boss fog with the host. You will be sent away when the host enters the fog.
•If you invade as a mad phantom you can only hurt other phantoms and the host. Killing the host will send you home with your reward. Regardless of how you enter the hosts world other mad phantoms can attack and hurt you as well as any phantom or host. The only thing that changes hostility based on how you enter is the pve enemies which are no longer hostile to you when you invade.
(edited 2 years ago)

Max58201
2 years ago#3
Rank Requirements

Players can increase their rank in the covenant by offering acquired Vertebra Shackle Items at the altar in the Pit of Hollows where you face Curse-Rotted Greatwood in the Undead Settlement. Acquire these by defeating any?? host or by contributing to the death of any 2 players, or defeating any Mound-Maker who invades you or they can drop from large red-eyed skeletons in Catacombs of Carthus.

Rank/Reward
1 10 Bloodlust (Katana)
2 30 Warmth Pyromancy

Watchdogs of Farron

Joining
Farron Keep: Pray to the Old Wolf of Farron
•Note: At some point after defeating the Abyss Watchers, Hawkwood will slay the Old Wolf of Farron, preventing covenant turn-ins until the next NG cycle.

Effects of covenant
•While the item is equipped, be summoned as a loyal spirit to defeat intruders.
•Farron phantoms are blue with a red tint.

Rank Requirements

Ranks are obtained by giving the Old Wolf obtained Wolf's Blood Swordgrass. These are acquired from defeating enemies you have been called to by the Covenant emblem or as possible drops from the beast men with spears and weapons in the swamp area.

Rank/Reward

1 10 Old Wolf Curved Sword
3 30 Wolf Knight Greatshield; Wolf Ring

Aldrich Faithful

Joining
•In Irithyll of the Boreal Valley, from the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire, proceed straight through the door, left up the stairs and right through the valley of dead giants and into door at far end. Immediately on left is wall that can be struck to reveal a ladder. Descend the ladder, past the monsters to find Archdeacon McDonnell and join the covenant.

Effects of covenant
•Faithful phantoms are blue with a red tint.
•Will be summoned randomly to defend around the Anor Londo area.

Rank Requirements

Players can increase their rank in the covenant by offering acquired Human Dregs Items to Archdeacon McDonnell in the shrine behind the Illusory Wall in Irithyll of the Boreal Valley. These can be acquired via the successful invasion of other players whilst wearing the covenant item or as a drop from the Deacons in Anor Londo & around the Pontiff Sulyvahn bonfire.

Rank/Reward
1 10 Human Dregs Great Deep Soul
2 30 Human Dregs Archdeacon Great Staff
(edited 2 years ago)

Max58201
2 years ago#4
this was mainly taken from the wiki just figured I would put it here since that would prevent the eventual hundreds of topics asking how to join covenants

User Info: max9183

max9183
2 years ago#5
no one wants to sticky this to prevent the inevitable dozens of topics asking these questions...*tear rolls down cheek*

User Info: iconiq

iconiq
2 years ago#6
The shield you get from Watchdogs of Farron is called "Greatshield of Artorias" in the English version and shares a similar effect. The literal translation is "Wolf Knight's Greatshield", though.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/greatshield-of-artorias
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Chrazy1988

Chrazy1988
2 years ago#7
Very well done, now we only need a guide for all the NPC's and their quests.

User Info: max9183

max9183
2 years ago#8
gonna have to wait for release probably to datamine all that

User Info: ninjaman44

ninjaman44
2 years ago#9
Pretty disappointed with covenants overall. The rewards kind of suck.
http://tinyurl.com/pzzmswf http://tinyurl.com/ofnvu59 http://tinyurl.com/pcnz5cv

Max58201
2 years ago#10
I'm glad they are mostly cosmetic/gear pieces. I don't think anyone enjoyed dealing with half the covenants in DS1/2 but you didn't want to miss their rewards.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Covenant Joining/Reward Guide *Spoilers*