• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. In Dark Souls 2 2 handed ultras were unparriable

User Info: Yesmankablaam

Yesmankablaam
3 years ago#1
think they'll keep that? if it's back to Dks1 timing for parrying (aka just quick reaction and no wind-up) and there's semi decent netcode every ultra on earth will just be parried... so yeah... whatchya think?
A person is smart. People are dumb.
This is my sig space i may put anything here and i choose to say Shadow Tower is on PSN for 6$.

User Info: Cvdf3-

Cvdf3-
3 years ago#2
I expect parries will have the same lag as always so..

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
3 years ago#3
If you pivot right, you can avoid the parry but it was nice being able to swing without having to worry about parry spammers in Dark Souls 2. When everyone was busy trying to get easy wins with their scimitar twirling, it was highly amusing for anyone using an ultra. Keep pounding on that L2, you'll never get it. Thanks for the free win.

User Info: Vicious_Dios

Vicious_Dios
3 years ago#4
I just don't want that ridiculous stunned knockdown back which allowed the hand

The reposte should be instant-punishment with a recovery window-gap only long enough for weapon and double ring-swapping (...and if you're highly dexterous: removing your whole wardrobe in to the swapping combo as well), not for rearranging your items menu.
Command your leader, obey your followers.
GT: Adzeta Main SLs: 125 and 135

User Info: LegendaryHatred

LegendaryHatred
3 years ago#5
I've strictly used Ultras in all 3 games so far with great success. It's nice being able to switch to 2handed if you see them baiting parries, and makes Ultras a bit more competitive with the other weapons. If they can be parried in 3, you'll just need to pick your swings, pay attention to how your opponent behaves, don't be reckless, and don't be obvious.

Tl;dr: If they can't be, cool. If they can be, whatever. Just pay attention.
Losses, Losers And More...
When the weak court death, they find it.

User Info: Worgen_Freeman

Worgen_Freeman
3 years ago#6
I loved that.

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
3 years ago#7
LegendaryHatred posted...
If they can be parried in 3, you'll just need to pick your swings, pay attention to how your opponent behaves, don't be reckless, and don't be obvious.

You can bait those parries to get your backstab in Dark Souls. Roll straight into them but do not attack. If you see the reflexive parry then just walk around and backstab them while they're parrying.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. In Dark Souls 2 2 handed ultras were unparriable
  • Topic Archived