• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Peeve: "DkS1 movement/combat (same parries/backstabs)"

User Info: haarlem1982

haarlem1982
3 years ago#31
Love-Wilcox posted...
shinobi_donut posted...
Maybe this time I'll play the pvp for more than a hundred hours.

Roll bs better be back too.

Roll bs is in Dark 2, it just takes more skill.

No it doesn't lol. The first damage I did in dks2 pvp was a reaction rollbs on a dagger r1. Try that in 1.
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn ScrubbyMcCasul

User Info: tipsy_taylor

tipsy_taylor
3 years ago#32
Circle strafing backstab fishing here we come
don't worry ladies, i'm hungry without the "are" and "why"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB1BjZACkcI

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
3 years ago#33
haarlem1982 posted...
Love-Wilcox posted...
shinobi_donut posted...

No it doesn't lol. The first damage I did in dks2 pvp was a reaction rollbs on a dagger r1. Try that in 1.

...? You can.

haarlem1982
3 years ago#34
SolidKnight posted...
haarlem1982 posted...
Love-Wilcox posted...
shinobi_donut posted...

...? You can.

Yes, you can even rollbs peole's nothing in dks1 if there's enough latency. In a normal situation however a dagger r1 is way too fast to rbs on reaction, prediction, sure, reaction, no.
You need people like me so you can point your f***ing fingers, and say: that's the bad guy.
psn ScrubbyMcCasul

SolidKnight
3 years ago#35
haarlem1982 posted...
Yes, you can even rollbs peole's nothing in dks1 if there's enough latency. In a normal situation however a dagger r1 is way too fast to rbs on reaction, prediction, sure, reaction, no.

In Dark Souls 2 you can't get the roll backstab unless the other player doesn't roll away while you roll behind them. They have to pretty much let you. The backstab initiation hit is slower than the dagger's R1 even more-so when you have to roll before doing it. I don't even know what you're trying to prove. Some guy essentially let you backstab him.

haarlem1982
3 years ago#36
I'm not trying to prove anything. All I'm saying is that rbses were easier for me in 2 then they sometimes are in 1.

Wheter you agree with that or not is up to you.
psn ScrubbyMcCasul

User Info: Recklesscat313

Recklesscat313
3 years ago#37
Great. Nice step backward for the series. At least they kept the omnidirectional dodging. But it looks like I'll be avoiding lagstab-fishing Souls.
Why would I care about your opinion? You're an idiot.

User Info: PreacherBeelze

PreacherBeelze
3 years ago#38
Recklesscat313 posted...
Great. Nice step in the right direction for the series. It's ok but unneccessary that they kept the omnidirectional dodging. But it looks like I'll be finally back to having decent matches in pvp- people crying fishing Souls really just never learned how to play in a skilled manner... Lol at them

Fixed and now I agree

SolidKnight
3 years ago#39
PreacherBeelze posted...
Recklesscat313 posted...
Great. Nice step in the right direction for the series. It's ok but unneccessary that they kept the omnidirectional dodging. But it looks like I'll be finally back to having decent matches in pvp- people crying fishing Souls really just never learned how to play in a skilled manner... Lol at them

Fixed and now I agree

Plenty of people who were good at Dark Souls PvP didn't think highly of the backstab mechanic--many admitting that it was outright poorly implemented--but would retain that the mechanic was the driving force behind creating effective strategies, tactics, and techniques.

User Info: PreacherBeelze

PreacherBeelze
3 years ago#40
Ts nice they're back on track, now if they get the lore right (not filled with red herrings or superfluous content)
With decent npcs (not house cats, talking plague rats, rock collectors, or laddersmiths) we're in business.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Peeve: "DkS1 movement/combat (same parries/backstabs)"
  • Topic Archived