• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Anor Londo of Drangleic Castle?

User Info: nowhere2hide

nowhere2hide
3 years ago#21
Cvdf3- posted...
the actual castle looks nothing like that however

well thats true, i think what we are shown in cinematics is the glory days of the castle, and in game its a long time after once it crumbled, and king has been long gone.

But yeah, the opening sequnce castle and the one in game are not look alikes.
notime2spell, ergo time is money
also this http://i.imgur.com/oninomY.jpg - copyright KDT

User Info: Cvdf3-

Cvdf3-
3 years ago#22
maybe, although in game Drangleic Castle looks to be in good shape, structurally.

User Info: Shroom_Soul

Shroom_Soul
3 years ago#23
Drangleic castle is made of black, marble-like stones.
The castle in the intro is made of a golden stone.
How can you even argue that they are the same place?

nowhere2hide
3 years ago#24
Shroom_Soul posted...

Look, I am not arguin, I am asking. The intro sequence in Dks2 shows drnagleic castle, those are the pics fomr the game. Once you go to the actual location in game it looks different, its also night, which explains the dark stone. Also dont forget that game was redesigned, so they maybe changed their minds about how drnalgeic looks after intro sequence was produced...

dunno, but if you go by the intial looks in the cut scene then it looks like it.

User Info: coolfire1357

coolfire1357
3 years ago#25
Melfiice posted...
coolfire1357 posted...
"The Northern Lands were once home to the race of mighty giants. They lived in relative peace with the rest of Boletaria, until the thick, colorless fog swept in and blanketed their domain."

Could be the Northern Lands from Demon's, or Boletaria Palace, or a I thought I caught a glimpse of a tall tower like Latria. I certainly hope there are recognizable places, even if they are in disarray.

DeS and Dks are not related.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but there are links.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71978678
"Oh, Westley, will you ever forgive me?" "What hideous sin have you committed lately?"
GT: iamsiamesifuplz; PSN: iamsiamesefiupls

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
3 years ago#26
I think they'll set it in a new land.

User Info: Melfiice

Melfiice
3 years ago#27
coolfire1357 posted...
Melfiice posted...
coolfire1357 posted...
"The Northern Lands were once home to the race of mighty giants. They lived in relative peace with the rest of Boletaria, until the thick, colorless fog swept in and blanketed their domain."

Could be the Northern Lands from Demon's, or Boletaria Palace, or a I thought I caught a glimpse of a tall tower like Latria. I certainly hope there are recognizable places, even if they are in disarray.

DeS and Dks are not related.

Hate to burst anyone's bubble, but there are links.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805577-bloodborne/71978678

I'm not even going to read it. DeS and Dks are not related, plain and simple. Hate to burst your bubble.
Gamertag: L GUT5 L

nowhere2hide
3 years ago#28
SolidKnight posted...

that would make no sense would it? Like how will that help us get closure? Going to Drangleic after Lordran story wise was hugely detrimental

User Info: SolidKnight

SolidKnight
3 years ago#29
nowhere2hide posted...
SolidKnight posted...

that would make no sense would it? Like how will that help us get closure? Going to Drangleic after Lordran story wise was hugely detrimental

The "closure" can be in regards to the cycle and age of fire.

User Info: Shroom_Soul

Shroom_Soul
3 years ago#30
nowhere2hide posted...
Shroom_Soul posted...

Look, I am not arguin, I am asking. The intro sequence in Dks2 shows drnagleic castle, those are the pics fomr the game. Once you go to the actual location in game it looks different, its also night, which explains the dark stone. Also dont forget that game was redesigned, so they maybe changed their minds about how drnalgeic looks after intro sequence was produced...

dunno, but if you go by the intial looks in the cut scene then it looks like it.

Nononono. The stone isn't black because it's night-time. The stone is black because it's black. Anyone can see that.
The catle in the DkS2 opening is the Dragon Shrine. You can see all the stone plateaus around it, the same spires, the Drakes. Yes, it isn't exactly the same, but it's closer to the Dragon Shrine than it is to Drangleic Castle.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Anor Londo of Drangleic Castle?
  • Topic Archived