This game dying pretty fast on Twitch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sea of Thieves
  3. This game dying pretty fast on Twitch

User Info: wolfwing

wolfwing
4 months ago#11
This is kinda in response I bet of the, "Fatest selling IP, most twitch streaming evah." and such comments, all thats good, but this is pretty much what most people figured, that wasn't going to last with the state of the game now, give it a few weeks and it will be fairly dead as those that did the 2 weeks free game run out or have quit playing and so on, a fun interactive 60$ game isn't going to last as more and more people look elsewhere for things to do due to lack of any meaningful content, or variety.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: FinzFan4life

FinzFan4life
4 months ago#12
wolfwing posted...
This is kinda in response I bet of the, "Fatest selling IP, most twitch streaming evah." and such comments, all thats good, but this is pretty much what most people figured, that wasn't going to last with the state of the game now, give it a few weeks and it will be fairly dead as those that did the 2 weeks free game run out or have quit playing and so on, a fun interactive 60$ game isn't going to last as more and more people look elsewhere for things to do due to lack of any meaningful content, or variety.

And I bet you don’t even have an xbox
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012

wolfwing
4 months ago#13
FinzFan4life posted...
wolfwing posted...

And I bet you don’t even have an xbox

yeah I do, and havn't touched it in months because nothing to play on it worth it that I can't get on ps4. I was hoping this game be worth booting it up, but not in it's current state, i will wait and see if it maybe is worth it in a few months.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
4 months ago#14
The novelty has worn off, and it's time to move on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrQEsqcvpM
Some music goes with everything.

User Info: Zombody2

Zombody2
4 months ago#15
lyhonlam posted...
Zombody2 posted...
Classic gamefaqs.

When its popular on twitch, twitch doesn’t matter

When its less popular on twitch, twitch matters.

Twitch doesn't matter for single player games but for GAAS games like SOT it totally reflect the current state and playerbase of the game. Not to mention Rare purposely trying to make this a good streaming game:

My point is the goal posts are constantly moving to fit whatever narrative the haters want. When it was killing it on twitch, twitch was blasted for being useless and lots of players streaming and watching streams means nothing.

Yet as soon as it becomes less popular on twitch, all of the sudden twitch is praised as the be all end all for the game and streamers mean everything.

wolfwing
4 months ago#16
Zombody2 posted...
lyhonlam posted...
Zombody2 posted...
Classic gamefaqs.

When its popular on twitch, twitch doesn’t matter

When its less popular on twitch, twitch matters.

Twitch doesn't matter for single player games but for GAAS games like SOT it totally reflect the current state and playerbase of the game. Not to mention Rare purposely trying to make this a good streaming game:

My point is the goal posts are constantly moving to fit whatever narrative the haters want. When it was killing it on twitch, twitch was blasted for being useless and lots of players streaming and watching streams means nothing.

Yet as soon as it becomes less popular on twitch, all of the sudden twitch is praised as the be all end all for the game and streamers mean everything.

Well I think it's more context to me, first short while don't really matter on twtich because even terrible games get a big boost at first, the question is sunstainability, if the game is enjoyable as is and isn't a scam at 60$'s then the numbers while drop should maintain a certain level, but this is the kind of game where initial sales/twitch probably won't matter, as many are buying it for needing a new game, but if it loses 90%+ of it's player base in 3 weeks untill next patch then it has some issues.
PSN wolfwing

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
4 months ago#17
It's the same as using twitch as an example of how good the game is, and now saying that it doesn't matter if there are fewer streams.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrQEsqcvpM
Some music goes with everything.

User Info: Red_Maxx_XIII

Red_Maxx_XIII
4 months ago#18
I guess no one wants to be broadcasting themselves getting spawn-sniped and taking gambles finding a lot of treasure before dumping it off, then deciding to see it as a specific point when suddenly other players decide let's sink their ship now.

I'm doing my streaming on Mixer later at night when I can get work done. Hardly anyone is playing between midnight and 2 am, my time.
Xbox One: Red Maxx XIII | Switch FC: 3577-2579-7872
Mixer streams: https://mixer.com/Red_Maxx_XIII | YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/MaxxTheSlash

User Info: Tw2Brick

Tw2Brick
4 months ago#19
This game constantly thriving on my PC and Xbox One X.
"I have been, and always shall be, your friend." - We miss you, Spock.

User Info: WalkingPlague

WalkingPlague
4 months ago#20
SoT isn't a Twitch friendly game. I for one cannot sit and watch someone else play it. Incredibly boring, however, its not when I'm playing it. Not spectator-friendly, imo.
I may look calm, but in my head, I've just killed you three times.
  1. Boards
  2. Sea of Thieves
  3. This game dying pretty fast on Twitch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived