You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Playing as a Phantom against Pontiff and other bosses

User Info: Externalgamerdj

Externalgamerdj
4 weeks ago#1
I don't know if people have had this issue, but I sure have. If you think this is an issue or not, that's up to you. Not sure people realize but Pontiff will actually completely miss his first lung attack when you enter as a phantom into a hosts world. I've played a few times with pontiff now with others and I noticed if you come in as a phantom and try and perhaps parry his lunge. He won't even make to your location before he slams down, like legit, his lunge won't even have the same distance when playing a phantom then when you are a host.

This issue actually makes things weird, but I'm sure from the hosts perceptive the attack should have either been parried, or he should have hit me. But in your case, the attack missed entirely. This problem I believe persists in different ways with other bosses for instance Twin Princes. If you enjoy parrying Lorian as I do as the host, don't bother doing it as a phantom at least for me that is. Because when I'm host I can parry him pretty much no problem, but even with my know-how on when to parry, like a phantom, it just doesn't work.

The issue could be leniency, at least in Lorian's case, because I'm sure my actual character has an invisible phantom mirroring my moves and my modelled character isn't when the parry animation is been made. Which is great, since then I would essentially need to parry at a certain time to make ends meet. Which isn't easy since I'm used to following the know-how, but in Pontiff's case it makes no sense. I'm not sure how leniency could make Pontiff's attack be worse.

Regarding this, HAS anyone else had this issue? Pontiff just half-assing his lunge attacks to the point where he just completely misses? And perhaps you have had similar parrying issues, but I'm sure that part has been explained before...I'm honeslty curious if I'm the only one experiencing this.
  1. Boards
  2. Dark Souls III
  3. Playing as a Phantom against Pontiff and other bosses