Patch/ Balance change notes....buh bye Rose.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  3. Patch/ Balance change notes....buh bye Rose.

User Info: Xeroxicide

Xeroxicide
2 years ago#11
KLOUDrocks posted...
I may actually enjoy playing online again. Yay!

Too bad it coincides with the same day The Division comes out...

My thoughts exactly. The timing is unfortunate.
I remember when GameFAQs was good.

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
2 years ago#12
can anyone tell me why super brainz turbo twister needed to be faster? the reason to use that move was for the armor and how many hits it could connect

it was never used as a move to get around...that's reserved for His Heroic Kick

so increasing it's speed and decreasing the armor takes away the point of the move....it's not to quickly get in somewhere it's to eat some hits and deal some damage
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: Tm-Danny

Tm-Danny
2 years ago#13
IIINCORRUPTIBLE posted...
I think the Rose nerfs are the result of endless whining and politics, to be honest, but the major thing for me is why would they nerf the already (seriously weakened) Chomper, and reduce damage output for legendary characters? Sounds strange, and I also think Rose only needed a minor nerf.

It was much needed and it was perfect. Less health and less homing arent gonna break her. The slower fire rate isnt even gonna affect the fire rose or ice rose.

Theres some wrong when you can go on 30-40 vanquish streaks with ease

User Info: shadow8blade

shadow8blade
2 years ago#14
Holy crap they already finished a new map? Looks like they are focusing on new maps sooner than most developers do. And they are still free the best price ever.

User Info: Lintfosho

Lintfosho
2 years ago#15
The "new" map was most likely done when the game shipped. They held it to give it to "free" when it probablyu could have and should have been on the damn disc.
PSN: Lint-87
XBox One: Lint1987

User Info: OH1024

OH1024
2 years ago#16
Lintfosho posted...
The "new" map was most likely done when the game shipped. They held it to give it to "free" when it probablyu could have and should have been on the damn disc.

While I don't disagree, there is still the fact that you will not have to pay for any DLC for this game. Even if it was supposed to be on the original disc, you will never have to pay for it, so that is a plus.
I believe in Jesus Christ, the savior, and I'm proud of it!!
XBOX Live GT: LowSugarAttack https://www.facebook.com/DerekAllenComedy

User Info: KLOUDrocks

KLOUDrocks
2 years ago#17
NightMareBunny posted...
can anyone tell me why super brainz turbo twister needed to be faster? the reason to use that move was for the armor and how many hits it could connect

so increasing it's speed and decreasing the armor takes away the point of the move....it's not to quickly get in somewhere it's to eat some hits and deal some damage

The move was meant to be an Area of Effect attack (of sorts), not a defensive mechanism. That's why you'll now not only move a little faster with it, but you'll also take more damage with it. People (including me) were using it as a Shield when it wasn't necessarily intended to be used as such.

That's how I'm viewing this change, at least.

User Info: BigJohnWV

BigJohnWV
2 years ago#18
KLOUDrocks posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

The move was meant to be an Area of Effect attack (of sorts), not a defensive mechanism. That's why you'll now not only move a little faster with it, but you'll also take more damage with it. People (including me) were using it as a Shield when it wasn't necessarily intended to be used as such.

I did that as well, was a good defense mechanism but still Citron's EMP would stop it instantly. One thing though will the Rose Arcane Enigma still be active after an Engineer's Sonic Grenade attack? I haven't had a chance to play and wasn't sure if they put that in.
"Oh, come on. If we can't laugh at the walking dead who can we make laugh at?"

User Info: NightMareBunny

NightMareBunny
2 years ago#19
KLOUDrocks posted...
NightMareBunny posted...

seeing as super brainz needs to get in to deal most of his damage...shouldn't he have a move with some good armor to it?

otherwise he's just a sitting duck half the time forced to try and pick off plants with the heroic beam

rarely will you find a chance to use heroic fists and outside of movement purposes there's no reason to use heroic kick(a pretty crap ability)
PSN: VV_Argost
XB1:GamerClawdeen WiiU: GothicNightmare

User Info: KLOUDrocks

KLOUDrocks
2 years ago#20
NightMareBunny posted...
seeing as super brainz needs to get in to deal most of his damage...shouldn't he have a move with some good armor to it?

otherwise he's just a sitting duck half the time forced to try and pick off plants with the heroic beam

rarely will you find a chance to use heroic fists and outside of movement purposes there's no reason to use heroic kick(a pretty crap ability)

I've never had issues getting in close with him. Like you said, the Heroic Kick is a good skill for movement purposes, and that should get you pretty damn close to them. Then the spin attack can close the gap. While it doesn't absorb as much damage as before, it still sucks up a pretty decent amount of attacks sent your way.

I tend to use the Cozmic Brainz since his charge punch can knock out a few things in one hit (and significantly damage other opponents), so I can guarantee it's not impossible to get up close for that punch or two necessary to knock them out.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  3. Patch/ Balance change notes....buh bye Rose.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived