• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout Shelter
  3. Adam's Perfect Vault Project (Survival) - Vault 21

User Info: Adam_Ocelot

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#1
Ok...

So I’ve had some setbacks on the 2 vaults I started fresh this year.

Took last night to reflect on my stupidity (not really, just didn’t want to walk to a wi-fi spot in the snow), will be starting over tonight.

I will be setting the date back to 10am January 1 2019, using the few days I have to cheat my way up to 35 dwellers, and to cheat some Endurance training on them.

Hopefully this time is the one.

(Lucky) Vault 21, coming soon!
Local moms want to meet

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#2
So...

Much better this time around. At this point, I have 35 dwellers, 15 that were from outside, 20 that I bred. 10 of the 15 originals have 10E, the other 5 will be at 10 E by this time tomorrow (plus the first of my bred 20). Only 1 dweller made it to LV7 before E training this time too, the rest were all trained at 5 or 6, and all bred dwellers will be 10 E before hitting LV2. Vault full of tanks.

Pretty decent M/F ratio as well, 13 males, 22 females.

Will have:

11 dwellers trained in S, 1 squad of 6, 1 of 5

6 dwellers trained in P

6 dwellers trained in A

6 dwellers trained in I

And 2 squads of 3 (1m, 2f) that will be my crafting/questing/float squads.

Each squad has males and females, that can breed with each other, to make it easier to boost population later.

Feeling good about Vault 21, think this one is going to be my best work yet.

(My gift pet is nothing more than a backpack though... x3 Rad Heal speed. Pretty much worthless considering Survival + Endurance trains on all dwellers)
Local moms want to meet
(edited 1 year ago)

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#3
Phase 1 complete, all imported dwellers are at 10 E, plus one bred dweller.

Will be resuming training later today, want to stock up on resources/stims first.

21!
Local moms want to meet

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#4
Week 2 update:

4 bred dwellers in E training, currently at 6. 16/35 dwellers fully E trained and working.

Cannot open week 1 and 2 lunchboxes yet, too many dwellers in line.

Decent weapons on all working dwellers from Raider attacks.

All good so far.

Working with:

1 3 wide power room, 1 2 wide power room, 1 3 wide food room, 1 3 wide water room, 1 2 wide E training room, 1 3 wide living quarters, 1 1 wide living quarters. None upgraded.

Need to kill 5 raiders at the vault door for a lunchbox, and collect 5 more weapons (10/15) for another. No pet carriers/Handys have shown as objective rewards yet.
Local moms want to meet

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#5
Added in an Agility training room, figured I can start production training now, as long as I’m careful with who I pull out of rooms. Can’t really pull more in from outside without upping my resources...

Always... multitasking
Local moms want to meet

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#6
Completed objective challenge to kill Raiders at vault door, now have 3 Lunchboxes waiting, skipped challenge to get X critical hits, have another LB opportunity if I ...

-Kill 5 Raiders at the Vault Door. Oh game.

Still at 10/15 weapons collected, all Raider attacks have gifted armor (which is fine, now have a few +E equips), so nothing new there.

Will be pulling one training dweller out of A training room in 1 hour when at A9, will place another in-vault A designation* dweller in there for today, as I can get in there and level up at the optimal times today. The other A training dweller will hit A9 tonight, so I can put the removed one back at that point, let them work toward 10 together over night and tomorrow morning. When they are finished, I’ll be able to re-assign the dwellers currently working the food room; I’m planning on destroying and replacing the A training room with either P training (most likely, as it’ll be quicker overall to get 2 P dwellers trained (I’ve already done a little bit)), or S training (although I have many more dwellers that need this training, so it makes more sense to put this off until I’m ready to build a larger training room...)

E training continues with the bred dwellers, 4 more will be at 10 by the end of the day, I’m just going to put them back outside, in line, bring in the next 4. Rinse/repeat. Won’t be much longer, really.

Decision time...

I could very easily breed 10 dwellers today, and immediately evict them once they grow, only be in real danger for maybe 10 minutes total, for 2 purposes (one being more beneficial):

1) Unlock the L training room. It’s the least important overall of the stats that I will train... but... the caps on collection aspect is tempting. As well as being able to fully train my Float teams in one (long) push.

Plus...

2) Challenge to raise happiness of 12 dwellers to 100% will be completed, as long as I use at least 2 males to impregnate 10 females. Caps payout, which isn’t important, but I’ve already skipped my objective for the day**.

(((EDIT: Decision made. Too risky. Although it’s only 3 hours, the food/water consumption will skyrocket considering it would be a +50% population boost (in-vault). Plus, no radaway, if I get unlucky with radscorpions/Ferals, I’m SOL. I can deal with DCs through dweller room shuffling, but...I’ll wait until I have more trained dwellers working.)))

*I’m working on a new designation system, as this Vault is a bit different than others that I’d done before

**I’ve never spent a Quantum to skip an objective. Either do it, or wait.***

***I’ve also never spent real money to buy LBs, pets, etc.

(This is mostly just me thinking out loud, and kinda loose record keeping, but if anyone reads this and has any suggestions, questions, whatever... feel free)
Local moms want to meet
(edited 1 year ago)

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#7
Training continues. Strength training is next up. (Most likely, P is holding strong, A is almost done, I will be last)

5 lunchboxes on hold, still.

Objective: survive 12 mole rat attacks with no casualties for a Mr Handy. Will be the first.

Still no pets as rewards. All good.
Local moms want to meet

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#8
https://i.imgtc.com/d1Q3asN.png

Training continues. Full update in 2 days.
Local moms want to meet

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#9
Week 3

https://i.imgtc.com/fRt8IUm.png

Went ahead and added third room to E training area, have 11 dwellers remaining (needing E training) 5 are in training until completion, the six remaining (my Float squads) are being cycled in one at a time to get a level or two while staying at the same level as a group. If my planning is correct, the final 6 will all be at 4E when moving in as a whole.

4 of 6 food room dwellers are fully trained (A and E at 10), the last 2 are in A training now, they were moved in this morning at A-3, so a few days to go.

I will be training water room dwellers next, as the difference between production and consumption is the smallest by a large margin at this point, although I have no actual issue with keeping my levels in check as long as I have ~6 dwellers waiting outside. Which is fine, as I don’t really have anything for them to do anyway.

After P will be S, then I. I’m prioritizing worker dwellers over my Float squad dwellers in all training, as the Floaters will take the longest to train, but will likely level faster than the Worker dwellers.

On that note... I’m still avoiding leveling my dwellers, for 2 reasons:

1-Keep my vault average low (5.36 right now), so Raiders don’t become too bothersome (not really necessary anymore, more on that in a sec)

2-Try to have all 35 dwellers at roughly the same level. I still have some at level 1, which need to catch up; to assist, I’ve been sending dwellers out to wait in line if they hit LV13 (one hit 14, he was the first, now they get to wait at 13). Just an Adam thing though, really.

Also though, the longer I wait, the greater the chances of getting more +E gear for all of my dwellers. May as well milk out everything I can.

Went ahead and opened up the 5 lunchboxes I’d been sitting on, as well as 3 more I had received (objectives and weekly reward), as I also couldn’t open the Mr Handy I had received with ‘too many dwellers in line’. Got some decent stuff: Alien Blaster, rusty Flamer, plasma pistol, and two lesser (but still better than what I had) weapons. My Raider defense is very strong now. Bring it on guys.

Also received 3 dwellers, as well as having a random one show up (One is Colonel Autumn, no way am I letting him stay. He will absolutely be sent to the wastes to perish -with a pet-). They will come in handy soon, when I push to 45 dwellers for the L training room, and evict back to my 35. No timetable for this as yet, I’m not ready for the greater threats yet, but they’ll wait. Maybe I’ll get another dweller by the time I’m ready, make it even easier (on my resources).

I did finally actually buy some stuff. I figure I’ve played this for a looong time, I’m planning on playing this Vault for awhile, so throwing 4 bucks to Bethesda as a thank you is justified. And I had gotten a iTunes GC for my birthday which had 4.60 credit remaining, so...

Plus... 5 pets. One of which was +2 damage, cool.

Another was +94% Health. f***. Yes.

Other 3 were: -9% crafting cost, -9% crafting time, x2 healing speed. So... situationally good, more importantly though - stuff retrievers for dwellers sent to die.

***EDIT***

https://i.imgtc.com/RicPlBP.png

Added another room to A training, also to level out the Float squad levels before The Big Push, as well as ... well, make the process just a bit shorter. My resources should be ok, if they suffer, I’ll just destroy and rebuild as it was.
Local moms want to meet
(edited 1 year ago)

Adam_Ocelot
1 year ago#10
https://i.imgtc.com/4x2QyqD.png

4 of 5 non-float dwellers completed E training this morning (the 5th will be finished this afternoon), 3x E room destroyed and replaced with 1 E room and 1 P room.

Finishing up A training (the non-floaters at least) soon, still using the time to level out Floaters as I can.

Not a lot of changes otherwise. Except... I did change my plan a bit, I was going to move my Floaters all in at once, and move them through the training rooms as a group, but... it makes more sense to train them in stages as I train my workers. They (Floaters) will likely still need to be ‘topped off’ as a whole later, but... they’ll be much further along when I get to that point.

(Plus, after all this setup time, I don’t want to run too many resource risks, pulling in all dwellers at this point is exactly that. Risky. Finish 4 of 6 P training dwellers, 6 or more S dwellers, then re-evaluate)
Local moms want to meet
(edited 1 year ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout Shelter
  3. Adam's Perfect Vault Project (Survival) - Vault 21
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A