• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout Shelter
  3. Deathclaws are easy to those who are prepared...

User Info: Clymore102

Clymore102
4 years ago#1
And a nightmare to those who are not.

I had a vault wherein deathclaws couldnt even get to 2nd floor because I got a 2 nuka colas (one is fully merged and the other is only merged by two rooms) filled with lvl 50 max stat dwellers with high powered weapons on the first floor.

On the other vault though, I'm praying that the deathclaws will not attack immediately because I dont have any defense for it. It's an all 1-room vault which are all low leveled and I havent even began to explore.

Has anyone with the 1-room only vault survived a deathclaw attack?
"Nothing is true, everything is permitted" - Assassin's Creed

User Info: jasonred79

jasonred79
4 years ago#2
Here's a really WILD solution to survive early deathclaw attacks.

->

When the deathclaws come for you, make everyone RUN AWAY. When they're at the top of the base, run to the bottom. when they reach the bottom, run to the top.

Easier, if your base has lots of space, so your dwellers don't simply swap places and get killed in that way instead.

... Er... when they reach the bottom of your base, they don't turn around and slaughter their way back up, do they???

User Info: turn_based

turn_based
4 years ago#3
Either way, deathclaws are a disappointment.

Along with molerats.

Hope Bethesdas next phone game is actually fun for more than a few days.
Like Cosmo Canyon theme? Listen to these jewels:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHsJepUY5-Y & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3QQDx2Qm3o

User Info: CronoGuyver

CronoGuyver
4 years ago#4
I will no longer waste my time on this trash, deathclaws are a deal breaker.
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.

User Info: techno_vamp

techno_vamp
4 years ago#5
I agree. Trying to find a way to rollback to Ver 1.03 pre-Deathclaw version
"Heaven hath no rage like love to hate turned nor Hell a fury like beating a scrub"

User Info: DthsApprentice

DthsApprentice
4 years ago#6
I'm well prepared at the door and the next room but the deathclaws run right passed my guys which is bs imo.
Psn- DeathsApprentice

User Info: waycoolgal

waycoolgal
4 years ago#7
You can heal your people during a battle, just do it before they die. Click on them and restore health.

User Info: Jhovanygarcia42

Jhovanygarcia42
4 years ago#8
turn_based posted...
Either way, deathclaws are a disappointment.

Along with molerats.

Hope Bethesdas next phone game is actually fun for more than a few days.

Ehhhh isn't that the fatal flaw of every mobile game fun for a while then never played again you could say the same about Real videogames but at least they last longer. 400+ hours > 48 hours
FC:5472-9033-9929 ign: jhovany

User Info: InFaMoUsdOyLE

InFaMoUsdOyLE
4 years ago#9
waycoolgal posted...
You can heal your people during a battle, just do it before they die. Click on them and restore health.

How do you heal them quickly, when its so hard to click them? Some right next to each other, sometimes i'm clicking it it switches to the other room.

User Info: CronoGuyver

CronoGuyver
4 years ago#10
It seems that vault door upgrade has a correlation with health/power of enemies - especially raiding parties.
It may be a coincidence but I had 2 vaults one with lvl1 door and other with lvl3. When deathclaws attacked the lvl1 - may dwellers (6 each room) were about level 10 on average and had attack power of about 5-8 each and they killed one deathclaw per room.
In the lvl3 - dwellers (68 in total) were lvl 15-20 with attack over 10, more then half were dead by the end of the raid and none of the deathclaws.
So it seems that levelling the vault door might also level the power of the deathclaws and/or other enemies as well, like for instance the spawning roaches/moles become more powerful if they spawn in lvl3 room then in lvl1 room...the size of the rooms only increases enemy number and not the power...
Those who come with a sword, will die by the sword.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout Shelter
  3. Deathclaws are easy to those who are prepared...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A