• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout Shelter
  3. 200 population = much of game non-functional?

User Info: jasonred79

jasonred79
5 years ago#1
I haven't reached this point yet, but I'm wary of it, because I'm just anticipating the future issues. For instance:

1) Lunch boxes. I notice that if your queue of dwellers outside the vault door is full, they won't let you open lunchboxes. Wouldn't the 200 dwellers cause this to happen?

2) Any pregnancies become permanent pregnancies. And permanent pregnancies SUCK.

3) Wouldn't this break your radio stations cause you can't collect from them anymore?

User Info: Llaine

Llaine
5 years ago#2
1) haven't the chance to witness that.

2) perma pregnant.

3) the dwellers in the radio station stop work and just wanders about in the room.

And at 200 dwellers, it is stupid when you get objectives to deliver babies or get dwellers pregnant.

User Info: thatguy181

thatguy181
5 years ago#3
At the moment, going to 200 is foolish. I try to keep my population around 150 so that I can still polish off the birthing challenges for a free lunch box on occasion. Matter of fact, that's one of the reasons I'm pushing 180 population at the moment. Soon I'll be sending the thirty weakest members into the waste, never to be heard from again...

1) Like Llaine, I've not experienced that, so no clue. I realized the underlying problem of 200 dwellers shortly after the first time I hit it and took action on my population...

2) Confirming Llaine, perma preggers.

3) Also confirming Llaine. Radio stations simply become happiness boosters if you're at max capacity.

User Info: Llaine

Llaine
5 years ago#4
At 200 dwellers, the game's true colour seems to show though - a lack of considerate game design, an effort to make drum up awareness for the upcoming Fallout 4 and a quick cash grab.

Like thatguy, I might just start sending my dwellers on a death march, if I can bother at all to whet them out from within my virtual ant nest.

User Info: Argyle_Gargoyle

Argyle_Gargoyle
5 years ago#5
Llaine posted...
At 200 dwellers, the game's true colour seems to show though - a lack of considerate game design, an effort to make drum up awareness for the upcoming Fallout 4 and a quick cash grab.

Like thatguy, I might just start sending my dwellers on a death march, if I can bother at all to whet them out from within my virtual ant nest.

hmmmm. how much did you pay for the app again?
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!

User Info: JayLJohnston

JayLJohnston
5 years ago#6
On my 6+, it started really having problems at 180+ ... I brought it back down to 160-170 and it works great... I just let a bunch of dwellers line up outside, then when the line gets to 6 long, I bring them all in, then send them all out at once to the wasteland... sometimes they pick up legendaries right away, but if not, I just let them die out there, which brings the pop back down... I'm focusing on increasing the SPECIAL of all my people now, and hopefully by then, there will be a stability patch :)
Am I leaking?

User Info: thatguy181

thatguy181
5 years ago#7
Llaine posted...

Only the strong survive. Vault 177 believes firmly in having a population of 177 or less. Here in vault 177, we sacrifice our children as soon as they become adults and can be thrown to the Wasteland. Likewise with any strangers who come to our doorstep.

User Info: jasonred79

jasonred79
5 years ago#8
thatguy181 posted...
At the moment, going to 200 is foolish. I try to keep my population around 150 so that I can still polish off the birthing challenges for a free lunch box on occasion.

OK, I'll admit, I started off with a normal vault... I liked the game, so I splurged on lunchboxes. Joy! ... then later, I found out about the way to keep the quests stuck in tutorial mode, so right now I'm sitting on over a hundred lunchboxes (already opened hundreds more). Basically, ALL of my dwellers are anything rare and legendaries. All others got sent to perish in the wastes.
So... yeah. At the moment, I'm pushing 120 dwellers. I'd love to cap the population at this level, but I keep getting more rare and legendary dwellers from lunchboxes. It seems such a waste to send a rare out into the waste to die, but I'm soon reaching that point! :(

User Info: rosewynn

rosewynn
5 years ago#9
I am bummed about this as well. I can't stop this game from crashing. I brought down the number of vaultees I have to 150. Nothing. I only send out 10 explorers at a time. Nothing. I removed all rooms that weren't essential. Nothing. It sucks. I really hope an update/patch is coming our way soon. I was actually planning on making another lunchbox purchase to further support this game's developers but I feel like I'll get too many legendary dwellers and I'll have to replace others to make room for them which I don't want to do.

User Info: Project0ni

Project0ni
5 years ago#10
I'm apparently in the minority; the game is fine for me at 200 dwellers.

It's time to enjoy the fruits of my labor, and I am; I'm able to send out a small army to scavenge the wastelands (15-20 dwellers) for all kinds of rare prizes, while keeping at least a dozen well-armed killers on the top floors of my vault to protect the place. Crashes occur about 1/20 times while checking on explorers, not too bad.

It's great to see all my guys in their glory, one group outfitted in full ninja garb, another group of dwellers outfitted in various types of Power Armor. My ninjas just got done finding a few Railway Rifles, one of my favorite weapons from FO3. New stuff everyday. :)

And 200 dwellers presents you with new problems. Now you have to play the bad guy and decide who gets to stay and who won't be getting in (even if they still wait at the door). Got a new interesting dweller at the door but you're at the limit? Send out one of your weird Lvl 1 Old-Man Head dwellers to die! I'm sure you have a few hidden away permanantly in one of your training rooms so no one has to look at them. :)

As for pregnancies... what did you think was gonna happen? Heh. 200 is the limit, no sexy time after that. Don't even risk it.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout Shelter
  3. 200 population = much of game non-functional?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A