• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. These Malevolent Crucibles are making me hate this combat.

User Info: Xac351

Xac351
3 months ago#1
This game HAS good combat, but HO-LEE f***.

I did Sorey's and Mikleo's Crucibles with no issue. I didn't do well, but I managed to beat them in one try.

Then I get to Lailah's Crucible, and f***ING CHRIST. It makes me hate Lailah, and she doesn't deserve to be hated over this. BUT FOR f***S SAKE WOMAN WHY ARE YOUR ATTACKS SO SLOW?! And I'm not talking about her Seraphic Artes. I mean her Combat Artes! Her fastest attack is the third move in a combo.

I didn't have trouble until the 4th wave with the f***ING 2 Centipedes and the GODDAMN MOTHERf***ING Armadillo monsters. Man isn't it just f***ing fun to have all of your f***ing attacks to get interrupted by MULTIPLE f***ing multi-hit attacks at ONCE. I get that that's how this game works but enemies are BUILT for this. Your characters are not.

And then there's Rose's f***ing Crusible. There's of course the Seraph Ghosts. They're ALREADY my least favorite enemy in the game because of Ice Reaver, but with some effort I can handle them. BUT THE f***ING TROLLS.

First of all they should not as fast as they do for their damage output. Not only that but I can't f***ing interrupt their f***ing attacks. MAN is it fun to dodge an attack, start a combo only to get smacked out of the sky and still lose a fourth of health despite all the damage reduction and defense gear. I was stuck spending 10 minutes planting a mine, running AWAY from the mine because those Trolls have too much range, and then trying to start a bonus damage combo only to be interrupted by the OTHER Troll.

f***. I'm glad I beat them and I hope they aren't story relevant because I'm not doing them again. I agree with Rose, WE SHOULD JUST BLOW THEM UP.

User Info: Hommedaction

Hommedaction
3 months ago#2
Lailah's crucible is the one I had the most fun with.

The secret is to use spells and anticipation. Burn Strike is your best friend and Photon Blaze destroys armadillos and centipedes.
If you have the level, Tornado Fire and Ignite Photon are also really good. Especially Tornado Fire since you can pre-cast it and release the spell at the start of a wave.

I remember Rose's crucible to be pretty dull.
Dodge, then Dream Slasher things to death.
I love the French for their sarcasm, their irony. I love them for their bad moods. -Marjane Satrapi

User Info: Outlivethem

Outlivethem
3 months ago#3
BUT FOR f***S SAKE WOMAN WHY ARE YOUR ATTACKS SO SLOW?! And I'm not talking about her Seraphic Artes. I mean her Combat Artes! Her fastest attack is the third move in a combo.

A slower character requires more planning on your part. You'll get used to it eventually, you can't really expect to pick up a character for the first time and shine.

Btw being on the third column of the arte tree doesn't mean you cannot use something rather fast. You can use 2 around steps to skip the first 2 column and release an arte of the third column if you feel like it. There are better ways yo play her tho, see the previous post.

Man isn't it just f***ing fun to have all of your f***ing attacks to get interrupted by MULTIPLE f***ing multi-hit attacks at ONCE.

You get a battle action to dodge while casting and keeping the progress lf your spell. It can be useful in these kind of situations.

I get that that's how this game works but enemies are BUILT for this. Your characters are not.

And here I thought players were the ones building their own characters through the equipment system in this game. Must have missed something.

On paper those challenges are designed to be tough for your character, and it kinda really starts with Lailah since Sorey and Mikleo's are jokes.

You can get a -40% cast time reduction for Lailah as soon as you unlock the Normin System and it doesn't take that long to create tbh. Fancier builds with bonuses to prevent interruptions while casting will take way more time and are probably overkill for this challenge anyway. If you play in a lower difficulty than Hard, you probably don't need to rely on equipment skills that much. Just being familiar with your kit is good enough.

First of all they should not as fast as they do for their damage output. Not only that but I can't f***ing interrupt their f***ing attacks. MAN is it fun to dodge an attack, start a combo only to get smacked out of the sky and still lose a fourth of health despite all the damage reduction and defense gear.

Not sure the assassin with defense skills is where you wanna go. Trolls are slow and predictable, they're hardly a threat for people with decent reflexes.

Dodge better, do not use martial artes to interrupt hidden artes (enemies glow yellow before using one), use guard auras to your advantage if you need to break guard or iron stance. It's true Dream Slasher does great dmg on big targets and chains into itself but Rose should have cross up artes and other projectiles than this arte or mines if you struggle and are forced into a H&R situation.

I hope they aren't story relevant

They aren't. They're supposed to be challenges that rewards you with a decent amount of drops.

Xac351
3 months ago#4
Hommedaction posted...
I remember Rose's crucible to be pretty dull.
I'm just bad with Rose.

User Info: Vhanzy

Vhanzy
3 months ago#5
This is where you need to learn to take advantage of arte skipping for casters to reduce their cast time and the utilities provided by battle actions.

Xac351
3 months ago#6
Vhanzy posted...
This is where you need to learn to take advantage of arte skipping for casters to reduce their cast time and the utilities provided by battle actions.
Oh I don't have a problem with Arte Skipping (if anything I'm bad at it with Sorey and Rose) for Seraphs, in fact my only issue is dealing with the fast moving centipede's and armadillos interrupting her Artes with multi hit attacks.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. These Malevolent Crucibles are making me hate this combat.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A