• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. Question about skills

User Info: Daimeion

Daimeion
5 months ago#1
How do I equip more than three skills of the same name to stack them onto my sword?

User Info: TheThirdCrow

TheThirdCrow
5 months ago#2
The 1st slot is inherent to the equip.
So if you want 4 same skills on the an equip, you'd have to farm the 1st skill specifically. You get what is refered to as a "joke" equip that can fuse with any equip of the same type (instead of the same name) near the end of the game/postgame.

Daimeion
5 months ago#3
TheThirdCrow posted...
The 1st slot is inherent to the equip.
So if you want 4 same skills on the an equip, you'd have to farm the 1st skill specifically. You get what is refered to as a "joke" equip that can fuse with any equip of the same type (instead of the same name) near the end of the game/postgame.
For Axcell I need to stack 7 skills of the same name. How do I add go past 3 and add 7 to my sword?
Is this only available after I clear the game?

User Info: Hommedaction

Hommedaction
5 months ago#4
Daimeion posted...
For Axcell I need to stack 7 skills of the same name. How do I add go past 3 and add 7 to my sword?
Is this only available after I clear the game?
No and yes.

You only have 4 slots per item and 5 items slots for 20 skills in total.
But since the first slot is locked in, you're rather working with 16 of them (17 for Rose since she has two weapon slots).

However, you might have already obtained items with x2 or x3 skills on them. Here's a screenshot if you haven't yet.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/6/6/6/AAa4nQAAB0X6.jpg
Basically with those skills you get double (or triple) the effect, for only one slot taken.
In your first playthrough, those skills only count for one in the grid.
But there is a grade shop option to have those count for 2 or 3 meaning that you can stack up to 11 skills per item piece (3 x3 skills on the "random" slots and a x2 on your fixed slot after having sanctified your item).
I love the French for their sarcasm, their irony. I love them for their bad moods. -Marjane Satrapi

Daimeion
5 months ago#5
Hommedaction posted...
No and yes.

You only have 4 slots per item and 5 items slots for 20 skills in total.
But since the first slot is locked in, you're rather working with 16 of them (17 for Rose since she has two weapon slots).

However, you might have already obtained items with x2 or x3 skills on them. Here's a screenshot if you haven't yet.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/6/6/6/AAa4nQAAB0X6.jpg
Basically with those skills you get double (or triple) the effect, for only one slot taken.
In your first playthrough, those skills only count for one in the grid.
But there is a grade shop option to have those count for 2 or 3 meaning that you can stack up to 11 skills per item piece (3 x3 skills on the "random" slots and a x2 on your fixed slot after having sanctified your item).
Ahh, thanks for the detailed post. So I do need to complete the game first. Say, is it possible to scum save till I get 3 x3 skills on the "random" slots or are the stats fixed after sanctification?

User Info: Hommedaction

Hommedaction
5 months ago#6
Stats aren't fixed after sanctification.
Basically when you sanctify a weapon, its first slot skill will get doubled, it will remain its stats and skills, and get a different name.
You know that you can get your items to +99?

This is where it gets extremely grindy.

You can can fuse sanctified items together to get even more stats.
Same rules as before apply.

Honestly, I'll advise you not to do this. Sure, you can get ultimate items, but it will cost you your sanity and you might go bald.
I love the French for their sarcasm, their irony. I love them for their bad moods. -Marjane Satrapi

User Info: Vhanzy

Vhanzy
5 months ago#7
+99 is not even required unless you want it or break the game heck the skill extension from the grade is also not required to finish the game in its highest difficulty but it sure does make the gameplay much smoother.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. Question about skills
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A