• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. okay WOW my teammates need to learn to defend themselves.

User Info: Xac351

Xac351
4 months ago#1
just barely managed to beat that plant boss and my GOD was it annoying.

Like, hey guys? This thing hits hard! Really hard? If I say "Prioritize defense" I f***ING EXPECT YOU TO DEFEND YOURSELF. Not stand there while the boss hops over to you and spins once and takes all your health!

Holy f***.

Not only that but these strategies are f***ing abysmal. No "focus on protecting the player" option for when I just want my seraphs to stay back while I and Alicia focus on the boss.

I managed to do that for the golden armor boss, by ACCIDENT. And while my Seraphs were casting defensive spells and defending themselves, so was Alicia, and I had her strategies set to f***ing ATTACK.

The menus in this game don't seem to explain s*** well. I finally managed to figure out how to do a charge cast thanks to gamefaqs because the f***ing game itself does a f***ing awful job explaining it. "Press O after casting" implies before the spell comes out. Not "keep holding X after its charged and press O."

Jesus f***ing CHRIST. All those tutorials in the menu and they still can't f***ing explain how to play the game. "Press on the d-pad to switch Seraphs."

Okay? Which button? I expected left or right but down works most of the time. Why don't you just let me map it myself?

Xac351
4 months ago#2
Okay so I figured out the issue with switching Seraphs. I just didn't notice the meters between Sorey and Mikleo's health bars, indicating when I can switch and where.

But again. The tutorial didn't even mention that thats what it was for it just said press the d-pad. Sure I figured it out through intuition but I really shouldn't have to use meta knowledge of gaming to figure out something the tutorial should've pointed out.

User Info: Hommedaction

Hommedaction
4 months ago#3
What does the D pad look like?
Something like this cross thing between the character portraits, no?
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/3/2/5/AAa4nQAABzjt.jpg

You'll never guess how to use the seraph powers on the field but here's a hint:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/3/2/6/AAa4nQAABzju.png
I love the French for their sarcasm, their irony. I love them for their bad moods. -Marjane Satrapi

Xac351
4 months ago#4
Yeah, as soon as I posted this I figured out how exactly the switching works.

I still do think they could've just said "each button points to a different seraph" or whatever.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. okay WOW my teammates need to learn to defend themselves.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A