• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. Tales of Zestiria PS4 vs PS3

User Info: duality48

duality48
7 months ago#1
So I own Tales of Zestiria on PS3.
The tales of series has always been one of my favorites, as Tales of Graces f was the main reason for me to buy a PS3.

However, the PS4 isn’t backwards compatible, so I’ll have to reconnect my PS3 every time I’d like to replay the game.

Right now, it’s on sale through PSN for only $8.99. This is the PS4 digital version.

Should I purchase this? Considering I already own the game on PS3. Is there any noticeable differences?

User Info: Hommedaction

Hommedaction
7 months ago#2
I'll go with answer C: get the PC version on sale if you have a good PC.
Usually you'll have a bunch of player-made patches that enable higher framerates, resolutions and mods to make the game better.

Also, you won't have to deal with having to dust out old consoles just to play one game.

Now if that's not accessible to you and you won't miss your 9$, I'd say go for it.
The game should run better on the PS4 than on PS3 or at least look prettier.
I love the French for their sarcasm, their irony. I love them for their bad moods. -Marjane Satrapi

duality48
7 months ago#3
I just noticed Alisha’s Conviction is not included with the digital PS4 version.

They’re charging $9.99 for it.
However, I’ve already got it on PS3 with that version, so I guess it would be wiser to just stick with that for now!
Pretty sure that DLC add-on was offered for free, at some point. Probably alongside the games release

duality48
7 months ago#4
I bought it.
PS4 digital version from PSN for only $8.99
I love how it’s retail price of $59.99 has been crossed out due to it being on sale.
I’ll love checking back in with the store after February 3rd and seeing it back to full price. That will really make me feel as though it truly was worth it.

The PS4 version looks infinitely better, in comparison. Colors are brighter and no more jagged edges.
I went back to replay Alisha’s Conviction on my PS3 immediately afterwards, only to find the visuals to be outdated by a pretty large margin in comparison to the PS4 digital version.

Quick question-Alisha’s Conviction was available for free for a limited time. Did this have to do with when the game first came out? Meaning it will probably be next to impossible to get this add-on included with my PS4 digital standard copy of the game?

Which reminds me-Tales of Zestiria the X. This anime series, any good places to watch/stream this show? I noticed the blu-rays are available through Amazon, in addition to Tales of the Abyss.

Hommedaction
7 months ago#5
The DLC was given out for free thanks to some post-launch promotion, so you most likely won't get it included in what you just bought.

But to be honest, this DLC is pure trash and wasn't even worth the money when it was free.
I love the French for their sarcasm, their irony. I love them for their bad moods. -Marjane Satrapi

duality48
7 months ago#6
How about the anime series, then?

Is if essential to understanding/enjoying Zestiria story and characters?
I heard it also has some cross over with Berseria, as they are both part of the same universe, just years apart in scope.

All of this Tales of hype has got me excited for Tales of Arise. That game looks so so good! Too bad it was already teased at Microsoft’s convention to release in 2020. Hopefully, soon!

Hommedaction
7 months ago#7
I haven't seen the anime and from what I understood they made changes for the worse.

You can watch it if you want, but I'd advise against it.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you where to watch it without getting banned since I'm a lone sailor of the forbidden sea.

duality48
7 months ago#8
Hommedaction posted...
I haven't seen the anime and from what I understood they made changes for the worse.

You can watch it if you want, but I'd advise against it.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you where to watch it without getting banned since I'm a lone sailor of the forbidden sea.

Send me a PM
If the link where you can watch Tales of Zestiria the X isn’t openly posted on the forum, but rather privately through a personal message, then perhaps it will go unnoticed.

User Info: ManiacB

ManiacB
7 months ago#9
duality48 posted...
I bought it.
PS4 digital version from PSN for only $8.99
I love how it’s retail price of $59.99 has been crossed out due to it being on sale.
I’ll love checking back in with the store after February 3rd and seeing it back to full price. That will really make me feel as though it truly was worth it.

The PS4 version looks infinitely better, in comparison. Colors are brighter and no more jagged edges.
I went back to replay Alisha’s Conviction on my PS3 immediately afterwards, only to find the visuals to be outdated by a pretty large margin in comparison to the PS4 digital version.

Quick question-Alisha’s Conviction was available for free for a limited time. Did this have to do with when the game first came out? Meaning it will probably be next to impossible to get this add-on included with my PS4 digital standard copy of the game?

Which reminds me-Tales of Zestiria the X. This anime series, any good places to watch/stream this show? I noticed the blu-rays are available through Amazon, in addition to Tales of the Abyss.

Just FYI, if you redeemed the Alisha DLC for free back when you bought the PS3 version, it may be valid for both. I am kinda doing what you did but in reverse (grabbing the PS3 version having bought the PS4 version at launch, hoping to double dip on trophies). I was able to download the Alisha DLC on my PS3 having previously played it on the PS4.

One thing that threw me is that if you redeemed the free one, you will still see the "paid" one in the DLC list. However if you go to your addon list I think you will find it there as a download option (on my PS3 I found it under My Downloads in the store).

Of course another thing to keep in mind is making sure that the region of the PS3, PS4 and DLC all matches. In my case all of mine are EU.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. Tales of Zestiria PS4 vs PS3
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A