• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. Proper timing for Banish Chain

User Info: fearthespoon

fearthespoon
4 months ago#1
I thought I had a pretty good handle on this, but I just tried getting Banish Chain to activate, armatized with Mikleo for 30 minutes and could only manage to get it to go off once. Most times, Banish Chain would not activate and instead it would end up using the Healing spell on R2 or it would just transition into a hidden arte from O. If i take the description at face value, I should beginning holding O + R2 during the wind up for Mikleo's blast, as it says, before the blast hits. This is my first hang up. Does this mean I need to hold the buttons before the blast actually damages the enemy (during the brief wind up)? Or does this mean I just need to start holding the buttons sometime between when the blast makes contact and when it finishes? Secondly, do I need to start holding O + R2 at the exact same time, or is it fine if I press one or the other, slightly or delayed, as long as I am holding both buttons before the blast completes? I've been playing most the game only using mystic artes with banish chain via the blast from the initial armatization. Mostly with Lailah, but at least a few times with each character. I never even considered the timing for this until trying to use it over and over partnered with Mikleo fighting the dragon on the mountain and failing over and over. This fight is pretty laggy, maybe that is causing the difficulties, but either way, I have no idea if maybe I am holding O + R2 too early or perhaps too late. If it is finicky, maybe I wasn't hitting them exactly at the same time, if that is important. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated. After having no trouble most of the game, this was pretty triggering, lol.
FC 1650-7569-0094
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: Vhanzy

Vhanzy
4 months ago#2
if memory serves right isn't that battle action that execute mystic arte quickly after the banish blast connects?

banish blast is only on armatus mode
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. Proper timing for Banish Chain
  • Post New Message