The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. Starting playing this today.

User Info: KeatonHoro

KeatonHoro
6 months ago#1
Got home and the game was waiting for me!

I have played Tales games before and have enjoyed all of the ones I have played:

1st was Tales of Symphonia (gamecube)
2nd was Tales of Vesperia (Xbox 360)
3rd was Tales of Berseria (ps4)
4th was Tales of Phantasia (gameboy advance)

And now this will be my 5th!

So far I'm enjoying the game. The camera is taking some getting used to, but besides that adjustment this game has the familiar feel I have come to enjoy of Tales games.
You only live once so jump in a hole like a boss & never come back!
Rabbits are a 10 year commitment! Rabbit.org

User Info: JayzE8

JayzE8
6 months ago#2
Yeah, the camera is using your current area during battle which might get stuck sometimes but nothing too bad. Hope you enjoy the game. It‘s not the best but for the current price tag it is a must buy for every tales player ;-)

And since Berseria is the prequel to Zestiria but Zestiria came out before Berseria, you will notice alot of things from Berseria and many things will make more sense to you.
PSN: Masuke8 | Pawn: Claxane | Sorcerer Lvl 200

User Info: MeteoraXV

MeteoraXV
6 months ago#3
im about 35hrs into it myself and really loving it a ton

still cant comprehend why it is so disliked

JayzE8
6 months ago#4
MeteoraXV posted...
im about 35hrs into it myself and really loving it a ton

still cant comprehend why it is so disliked

Story gets lackluster later on, the combat feels awful, many disliked the item/skill/craft system, welp.

User Info: Vhanzy

Vhanzy
6 months ago#5
^

it only feels awful if you don't invest time to mess with the skill system all tales have this problem

User Info: MeteoraXV

MeteoraXV
6 months ago#6
@JayzE8 i think the combat is fantastic but that's probably because i actually bothered playing on intense (since playing on higher difficulties is required for certain trophies) and some battles especially with the optional monsters and mage enemies can get pretty, uh, intense lol

i admit to not having use the fuse system yet much, mainly because i rely on skill to get me through but im sure ill need it at some point. the skill system looks really interesting and i've gotten a few nice unions going already. so i think the level of customization is really cool

JayzE8
6 months ago#7
MeteoraXV posted...
@JayzE8 i think the combat is fantastic but that's probably because i actually bothered playing on intense (since playing on higher difficulties is required for certain trophies) and some battles especially with the optional monsters and mage enemies can get pretty, uh, intense lol

i admit to not having use the fuse system yet much, mainly because i rely on skill to get me through but im sure ill need it at some point. the skill system looks really interesting and i've gotten a few nice unions going already. so i think the level of customization is really cool

I played on chaos and have the platin and trust me, im not a big fan of the combat. Berseria was better for me, but that is just my opinion and im not the only one apparently. But the game is not as bad as people make it seem to be.

User Info: soulrevenant09

soulrevenant09
6 months ago#8
Yes! But l lackluster storytelling and combat feels not good, many disliked the item, skill, craft system.
(message deleted)

User Info: Cataclysmical

Cataclysmical
6 months ago#10
I love the item system and the combat really got a lot better for me once I unlocked the skill that makes it so you can always free run (made it feel a lot more smooth like Berseria!). The arte trees do take some getting used to, but I like the system.
"Every action has a reaction, don't be quick to judge. You may not know the hardships people don't speak of."
http://www.last.fm/user/cataclysmical
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Zestiria
  3. Starting playing this today.
  • Topic Archived