Poorly Designed Missions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors Legends
  3. Poorly Designed Missions

User Info: CrescentShadow

CrescentShadow
2 years ago#11
On the battlefield info screen from the pause menu buffed units have a symbol above their lifebar.
3DS Friend Code: 1118 - 0340 - 0125, Ghost Pokemon Master
Fire Emblem Fates address: 07098-50017-13481-26147 - Corrin with Oni line skills.

User Info: __Ryoki__

__Ryoki__
2 years ago#12
CrescentShadow posted...
On the battlefield info screen from the pause menu buffed units have a symbol above their lifebar.

Yeah, but lets be honest, who actually pauses often mid-battle to check on that kind of thing? They could easily have the dots pulse or glow or something.
Honorary advocate for #BooForSmash.
"With the right amount of power, anything can be yours!" : Inspirational words from Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf

User Info: KingArgorok

KingArgorok
2 years ago#13
EJW posted...
KingArgorok posted...
EJW posted...
One Termina mission where you have to earn more rupees than a bunch of no flinching Dark Ghirahim.

Getting more rupees isn't the hard part. It's making sure you receive less than 4000 damage... for 10 minutes to get the A rank. Getting over 10,000 rupees then hiding doesn't help either. As they somehow obtain 8000 rupees in less than 3 minutes.

It's more annoying/tedious/booooooring than hard. And yes, I used Sheik to beat it. Thank you water veil.

Actually it is 6000 damage if I recall correctly. The Wii U version was worse because you were locked to the Wind Waker.

Using the Baton helped me more than it hindered. It's actually my favorite weapon for Zelda despite hardly ever touching her.

I found the Rapier easier to use because Ghirahime is weak to it. It is also better against officers than the Baton.

KingArgorok
2 years ago#14
__Ryoki__ posted...
I just wish you could tell if a certain captain or enemy has a morale boost just by looking at the minimap. Because there has been a couple of times my commander has gotten shredded before I could reach them because of "Powerful" enemies spawned from keeps. And since every red dot looks the same, there's no indication which is truly a threat until you reach it.

There is a symbol for morale boosts but not auras.

User Info: librasncfuryXD

librasncfuryXD
2 years ago#15
Am I the only one who finds rupee competitions laughably easy compared to KO competitions? I hate how they have speed up attack speed, regardless of you using a special.
I'm going to call Sheik a guy, and you will LIKE IT! NNiD: SncLibraFury
Spice angel wings really do sound tasty, sorry Pit!

KingArgorok
2 years ago#16
librasncfuryXD posted...
Am I the only one who finds rupee competitions laughably easy compared to KO competitions? I hate how they have speed up attack speed, regardless of you using a special.

Their attack speed only increases if they kill the bounties.

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
2 years ago#17
KingArgorok posted...
The no magic missions are not bad. It is the no special attack missions with boss monsters that are a problem. DGH missions are bad because all it take is one mook to take away your A rank.

Yes, they are bad. They're only supposed to restrict focus spirit, yet they also restrict fairy nukes. I'm not saying those stages are hard, but that doesn't change the fact that they're terrible game design since they're restricting something that shouldn't be restricted.
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

KingArgorok
2 years ago#18
nonexistinghero posted...
KingArgorok posted...
The no magic missions are not bad. It is the no special attack missions with boss monsters that are a problem. DGH missions are bad because all it take is one mook to take away your A rank.

Yes, they are bad. They're only supposed to restrict focus spirit, yet they also restrict fairy nukes. I'm not saying those stages are hard, but that doesn't change the fact that they're terrible game design since they're restricting something that shouldn't be restricted.

The fairy magic does not affect me because I don't use it. The only problem I see with no magic is that it makes Young Link's C1 effectively the worst attack in the game. I guess I can see where you what you mean because it is a dual restriction. No special attack I think is worse because it makes it much less safer to kill bosses. Tetra's Level 3 KO count mission was awful because of Manhandla. At least Argorok is fairly easy to take down, but he loves to stall when takes a certain amount of damage.

User Info: ceresbane

ceresbane
2 years ago#19
Okay some of these are just complaints about simple challenges.

Like not having magic or special attack is no like OH NOES THIS IS IMPOSSIBURU. No its doable and does offer an interesting challenge as players get complacent on these I-frame spam attacks.

An example of bad game design are instant fail states. Like hard mode skulltula with the 4 heart or less condition. Or the don't get hit requirement.

What definitely pisses me off is the defend the keeps mission (you know wen the keeps health are basically nothing), and you had to fight the tankiest officer ever. Blood big poes. I think it was a lvl 9 one in the twilight map. Took a total of 15 tries to get it all pixel perfect right since I refused to cheese it with my 99 Link with evil's bane unlocked master sword.

I mean I like the mission's officer placement. Like how some appeared mid way right in the middle of the map as you were on the way to the ones on stand by. But because they were bloody big poes with beefed up hp. It took far too long to deal with them. I would have enjoyed the lvl if the officers didn't require (s*** you no) 5 wps each and you had to kill them really fast as there are two groups of units always heading for a keep at any given time.
Friend code-2767 1532 6118
PSN-Cuperos

User Info: Pierz

Pierz
2 years ago#20
* Don't let your allies flee!
* 10 Allies flee within the first minute

I almost wish we could have the option to just disable any Hyrulian Captains from appearing.

I'd also say Zant's Lv 3 weapon in Wii U Hyrule Warriors. That mission does everything in it's power to distract you, and waste time. Manhandla Stalks. Your leader being under heavy attack. Playable officials closing in quickly on allied base. Waves of enemies spawning. And in the case of Zant, needing to beat Girahim who is unfortunately the same element, so he could take a very long time unless you're fairly over-leveled.
  1. Boards
  2. Hyrule Warriors Legends
  3. Poorly Designed Missions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived