• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  3. Split Screen Multi in or not?

User Info: Gabbelgak

Gabbelgak
5 years ago#1
So I purchased this on PSN because the beta flat out says play ALL modes in split screen on one of the signs there or something, I was quite certain of it as I was very bummed about the split screen setup in the first game.

So I'm reading the destructoid review:

http://www.destructoid.com/review-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-2-341093.phtml

And I come across this paragraph:

As for my time with split-screen, I'm bummed that you can't do quests or go online on the same console, but local play has been improved to the point where both players can earn their own rewards, and the entire hub and Garden Ops are technically available. It's...enough, and the ability to choose opposing sides and essentially play a 1v1 rumble in the hub is cool.

Wait what? So every mode except the only one that actually matters is locked from split screen? Is this accurate? My preorder is over PSN so it is not a simple task, if even at all possible to get a refund but I will certainly try for false advertising if I can get it.
Good is a point of view - Palpatine, Star Wars Episode III

User Info: Ice_Weasel

Ice_Weasel
5 years ago#2
Not really false advertising as it does offer splitscreen play. They didn't say ONLINE splitscreen.

Gabbelgak
5 years ago#3
Multiplayer is a game mode stuff like Gardens and Graveyards is a gamemode... how do you play multiplayer offline.

That is about the scummiest mislead ever.

Gabbelgak
5 years ago#4
Well just finished talking with sony support who provided a refund for it. So if anyone else was banking on this like I was, go for it. I spoke with them over livechat via the PSN store Account page.

User Info: MagicPink

MagicPink
5 years ago#5
Multiplayer is not a mode, it's a description. Splitscreen gaming is a type of multiplayer.

But yes they did promise splitscreen for every mode of the game in the advertising so that's some pretty hot BS.

User Info: ILikesCheese

ILikesCheese
5 years ago#6
MagicPink posted...
Multiplayer is not a mode, it's a description.

Uhhhh,,,,NO.

Single Player, Multi-Player, Online and Offline are all considered modes of any game - unless the lawyers at your particular company have specifically written a clause stating otherwise buried within their legalese.

I remember the official description from last October as well: "Play with or against a friend in SPLIT SCREEN across every mode on Xbox One and PS4 !!!"

Yeah...depending on how you look at this, that's either egregiously ignorant or purposefully misleading with a touch of criminally false advertising. (Although in this day and age, "false advertising" is a tough cookie to prove - due to those asterisks, small print and lawyers again. Heck, we have car commercials showing CARS THAT FLY and it's just fine because there's that little "Car does not fly." escape clause.)

Does this push me to NOT buy the game? I don't know at this point. I would've have bought this Tuesday with the Couch split screen online mode, but alas now I'm hesitant. It's also why I never pre-order many games anymore. (Dark Souls 3 is an exception of course.)
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?

User Info: ChronosDespair

ChronosDespair
5 years ago#7
Can we get official confirmation from someone who has the game or not? (Story mode split screen local co-op?)

What modes let you play split screen local co-op?

User Info: ThiefKorin

ThiefKorin
5 years ago#8
ChronosDespair posted...
Can we get official confirmation from someone who has the game or not? (Story mode split screen local co-op?)

What modes let you play split screen local co-op?

I don't think anyone outside of the press has an early copy.
Take solace in the fact that Saint Sakurai has blessed me with all my most wanted characters for Smash Ultimate.

User Info: Supremacy

Supremacy
5 years ago#9
I'm on XB1 with early access and it isn't necessarily false advertisement as all modes are available in split screen with it being against AI instead of online. So you can play gardens and graveyards gnome bomb etc split screen.

User Info: MagicPink

MagicPink
5 years ago#10
ILikesCheese posted...
MagicPink posted...
Multiplayer is not a mode, it's a description.

Uhhhh,,,,NO.

Single Player, Multi-Player, Online and Offline are all considered modes of any game - unless the lawyers at your particular company have specifically written a clause stating otherwise buried within their legalese.

No, they aren't. They're aspects of modes, but not modes themselves. Gardens and Graveyards, Team Vanquish, Grab the Taco, Garden Ops... THOSE are modes.
  1. Boards
  2. Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare 2
  3. Split Screen Multi in or not?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A