You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Sim Settlements - Rise of the Commonwealth

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
4 weeks ago#1
I just started a play through using the mod, and need some advice from Sim Settlements - RotC users.

Do you HAVE to assign companions to be the city manager? Early game you aren't going to have a lot of companions available. In Sanctuary, I wasn't going to be using Codsworth as a companion, so I assigned him no sweat. Ten Pines Bluff won't let me assign anyone.

So is it companions, or NPC's that have a unique name, something besides "Settler"? Or does it actually have to do with Affinity? Thanks!
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

User Info: IHeartRadiation

IHeartRadiation
4 weeks ago#2
Base mod is only companions that aren't Dogmeat.
I found a mod that allows Dogmeat so you should be able to find one that allows Settlers.
I don't get it either.

Evil_Geoff
3 weeks ago#3
*sighs* That really limits how many settlements you can do. :-(
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: Sephiroth311

Sephiroth311
2 weeks ago#4
There are a couple of add on packs that allow you to use generic leaders.

The new Conquerer allows you to have every settlement use a city plan right out of the vault and you can even set them all to level 3

There are also settings that allow the settlements to build up to level 3 within a couple of in-game days so you can assign someone, build it up and then move on after completing a couple of quests.
Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast!

Evil_Geoff
1 week ago#5
I'll have to look into that, thanks! :-)
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Sim Settlements - Rise of the Commonwealth