You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Game closes out after changing a key bind

User Info: soulwolf1

soulwolf1
1 month ago#1
I'm trying to change the favorites key and every time I do the game closes out as soon as I change the key.

Is there any way to fix this?
3DS FC: 4570-8265-6081

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
1 month ago#2
What key are you trying to bind it to? If it's a key in use, or reserved by the game, that may cause a conflict and BOOM! Crash.

HOW are you launching the game? From Steam? F4SE? A mod managing program? If you are trying to change the key binding at any point in the game OTHER than the main menu, from a Steam launch, don't.

If you are using anything other than Steam - launch the game from Steam, go to Settings > Controls, change to key (it should briefly pop a warning and tell you if you try to swap to a reserved key) and then back to the main menu. CLOSE AND RESTART THE GAME however you normally do, so the change can take effect.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Game closes out after changing a key bind