You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Any mods that allow you to tweak (lower) enemy spawns?

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
2 months ago#1
The only reason I sometimes still wanna play this game is because it could be a cool post-apocalyptic survival/exploration game. Unfortunately my experience is soon soured by every building and place just being a shooting gallery full of baddies.
Are there any mods that lower the amount of enemies in the game, making it more fun to play as a wandering survivalist (and also a little more realistic)? I can only find mods that do the opposite but I actually don't like the 'generic FPS' experience.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
2 months ago#2
Here you go:

Fallout 4-76 Open World Feral & Synth - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32599

You can remove all human NPC's, or replace them with ferals, or replace them with synths, etc. Very configurable. The Empty World option sounds like just what you are looking for.

Have fun!
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!
(edited 2 months ago)

User Info: Tai-Tai

Tai-Tai
2 months ago#3
Remember, Fallout is Post-Post-Apocalypse
The price of equality is the possibility of being called a bigot.

User Info: red255

red255
2 months ago#4
Remember fallout shelter is the same universe a woman can get pregnant and give birth 3 hours later and the kid is full size 3 hours after that and able to give birth

Now i'd need a excel spreadsheet to calculate population birth rate

Really only restricted by the number of women

A woman can give birth 8 times a day lets say 4 girls

So day 2 is 40 new births 20 new girls

Day 3 is 200 births etc

But given the 200 or so odd years its easy enough to explain the in game population
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: Tai-Tai

Tai-Tai
2 months ago#5
red255 posted...
Remember fallout shelter is the same universe a woman can get pregnant and give birth 3 hours later and the kid is full size 3 hours after that and able to give birth

Now i'd need a excel spreadsheet to calculate population birth rate

Really only restricted by the number of women

A woman can give birth 8 times a day lets say 4 girls

So day 2 is 40 new births 20 new girls

Day 3 is 200 births etc

But given the 200 or so odd years its easy enough to explain the in game population

I think it takes a minute to make a synth as well, they were definately making one gen 3 synth a minute in the institute. They were only using the one machine too.
The price of equality is the possibility of being called a bigot.

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
1 month ago#6
Evil_Geoff posted...
Here you go:

Fallout 4-76 Open World Feral & Synth - https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/32599

You can remove all human NPC's, or replace them with ferals, or replace them with synths, etc. Very configurable. The Empty World option sounds like just what you are looking for.

Have fun!

Hmm, this seems like it would make the world a little too empty if it also removes every NPC, but if it's the only mod that does anything of the sort I might try it out.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
1 month ago#7
SoulOfFayth posted...
Hmm, this seems like it would make the world a little too empty if it also removes every NPC, but if it's the only mod that does anything of the sort I might try it out.

*shrugs*

I don't use it myself, but based on the description it should be configurable. It was intended to give the game a Fallout 76 feel, and there are literally, NO HUMANS other than players in that game.

But the description indicates that it is configurable, that you can find/rescue survivors and assign them to settlements, etc. so you probably don't have to play it as an "I Am Legend" REALLY Sole Survivor.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Any mods that allow you to tweak (lower) enemy spawns?