You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. A fun and versatile build for playing FO4 just once?

User Info: red255

red255
2 months ago#11
Selling excess water is pocket change

Use the settlements to craft adhesive and make t45 vault tec paint for serious caps
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

red255
2 months ago#12
To elaborate.

Purified water is value 20 for .5 lbs
T-45 Vault tec paint is value 121 for .5 lbs which is 6 times the value per weight.

T-45 vault tec paint just costs 1 adhesive, 2 aluminum and 1 plastic to craft.

so a shipment of 25 adhesive 50 aluminum and 25 plastic would make value 121x25 =3025

but thats easier to craft 5 vegetable starches to save on adhesive. which cost us 3 tato, 3 corn 3 mutfruit and 1 water each.

so like 250 caps for the adhesive, 900 caps for the aluminum and dunno 200 caps for the plastic, nice easy yield of 2000 caps profit.

as well as a pile of XP.

and the 3025 caps of barter goods only weigh 12.5 lbs instead of the 75 water would weigh..

real easy to pick up aluminum salvage and you get plastic for scraping laser weapons so fighting synth dungeons for plastic.

real easy caps.
If the next one is called, because of his MO, the underwear bomber, you'll know I'm on to something. Calvin Trillin June 16, 2006.

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
2 months ago#13
But that is entirely too much like work. Excess water production = practically no time investment and little thought. Pick it up, sell it. Done!

Which is why I love Sim Settlements as well. Decide what you want to go where, and turn the settlers loose to build it all.

And coolant/antifreeze bottles = plastic. Most of the junk toys = plastic.. Plastic is all over the place. Yay!
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!

red255
2 months ago#14
If i wanted caps without much work i rob banks

The one next to the super dooper mart has like 150 pre war money

And the one south of back street apparel has 4 gold bars and a ton of safes

Both respawn eventually
It's worth considering that you can change the difficulty at ANY time.

The 10mm pistol you get at the very beginning makes an excellent primary weapon early on and a reliable sidearm throughout, so perks that boost handguns help.

The Strength perks that allow you to move normally and even fast-travel while encumbered is a godsend.

Aquaboy/Aquagirl makes bodies of water far less treacherous and even opens up tactical possibilities.

Scrapper gets you more/better materials from scrapping gear you don't want.

Lone Wanderer is a must if you plan on going solo whenever possible, but you miss the banter and companion perks.

If I were to make one suggestion, get Charisma.
It can maximize a solo playthrough and one with companions, as well as turn settlements into an economic powerhouse.
(edited 3 weeks ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. A fun and versatile build for playing FO4 just once?