When to use power armor?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. When to use power armor?

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
4 months ago#11
ghpstage posted...
Probably its most popular use is for going into the glowing sea where radiation levels are so high that they demand constant attention.

Toss on a Hazmat suit (many can be found within ten minutes of leaving the vault) and you'll never have to worry about the radiation in the Glowing Sea.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440

User Info: Max3732

Max3732
3 months ago#12
Evil_Geoff posted...
My first play through? I kinda went crazy collecting PA...

https://i.imgur.com/tftm6UE.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fwFchhg.jpg

PA PRO TIP: Take the fusion core out of the armor, then tell any humanoid companion to put it on and they can run around in it all day back to wherever you want to take it. Tell them to get out, and there you are.

PA PRO TIP 2: Watch your fusion core power level and swap cores when they get to 5% or so. You can trade a core with 1% juice with a vendor for as much are one with a full charge. They trade at roughly 3 used for 1 full And level 4 Nuclear Physicist perk means that cores last a LONG time. Higher levels of the Scrounger perk will keep you rolling in Fusion cores.

Those are great tips!

User Info: Max3732

Max3732
3 months ago#13
STG Deathbot posted...
ghpstage posted...
Probably its most popular use is for going into the glowing sea where radiation levels are so high that they demand constant attention.

Toss on a Hazmat suit (many can be found within ten minutes of leaving the vault) and you'll never have to worry about the radiation in the Glowing Sea.

I have a Hazmat suit in the locker at Sanctuary that I had completely forgotten about.

User Info: ghpstage

ghpstage
3 months ago#14
Or you can use BoS combat armour with lead lining. Perhaps add other rad resist sources.

Or when you realise that rad resistance from consumables stack....
You can walk through in your underwear by using multiple Rad-X, or, if you are playing Survival, glowing blood packs are more suitable as they don't cause dehydration.

Like I said, there are plenty of solutions to this particular problem!
Power armour is just the most obvious method to most people due to the way it is handed to you on a plate, the high rad resistance and the high DR which is useful if you aren't able to avoid being hit.

User Info: FeralGhoul52

FeralGhoul52
3 months ago#15
The only times I use it are in the Glowing Sea to protect against radiation or in a faction vs. faction fight when you take the most damage.

User Info: Marikhen

Marikhen
3 months ago#16
Only time I'd recommend against using power armor is when you're at low levels and playing on Survival. I know that that probably sounds counter-intuitive, but my experience has been that even with a mod that's supposed to make power armor more durable I'll see my bits get shot off with alarming frequency.

Only reason I discommend using power armor at that point is that you could find yourself spending more time keeping it repaired than actually playing the game. It can still be very useful defensively, though it didn't feel nearly as useful on Survival as under normal gameplay rules, but babying it can be a pain.
Logic is the antithesis of faith, else why is it that faith defies logic while logic denies faith?

User Info: 20ME2cmpnvet

20ME2cmpnvet
3 months ago#17
I run 3 different characters and one of them is hard core MM/BoS, so they use it all the time. I have a Raider/Institute Girl that never uses it and then a Minutemen/Railroad character that will use it from time to time.

It just depends on your play style I guess.

If you do use it. I recommend FO4 War Tags for some awesome PA paint jobs and if you are into the BoS. Get the BoS X-01 Paint mod.
Screen Archery is a Addiction https://www.flickr.com/photos/127344542@N08/
"Never touch another man's fries !!"

User Info: IqarP15

IqarP15
3 months ago#18
Get the stealth cloaking for the PA if your a stealth build.
"SPOILERS"... If ppl call me a douche bag I reply "Well at least I'm scoring!"

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
3 months ago#19
If you're going to use power armor, I'd advise against a stealth build.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. When to use power armor?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived