• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. -1 Perception bug. Is there a fix for this? Fallout 4 PC

User Info: GamerQ_1986

GamerQ_1986
2 years ago#1
At one point in time I got a concussion and used a stimpack to heal although my stats still show -1 perception and its bothering the hell out of me. I dont remember when It happened and I just recently look at my stats and noticed it. I did some online research and I was told to somehow get a concussion again and then heal with stimpack and it will go away but that didnt work. I was also told to use an orange mentat and once the effect wore off it would show 4 again and that didnt work either.

So right now im stuck looking at this http://imgur.com/mfmrmrm

So im wondering even though it shows -1 in the pitboy are my stats still intact? i am using mods via Nexus mod manager but i highly doubt they are causing this seeing as this problem has happened to people on console as well. Pretty much I wana know if there is anyway I can fix this issue in game or even with mods like adding perception but thats if my stats are not already normal.
TLDR- perception stat stuck at -1 tried fixing with getting head hurt again didnt work. Is there away to fix this via mods or in game.
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Pc gaming is amazing but consoles is where I came from.

User Info: Iceaxe0140

Iceaxe0140
2 years ago#2
Some people apparently had some success reversing it in game, but it sounds like you tried them already. There was one that said getting stung by a radscorpion (poisoned effect which lowers perception helped them. You let it sting you to reset the perception. Then make sure you don't get stung again otherwise it will just revert back). After you kill it, use a stimpak or whatever to heal.

Another method had you use console commands to change your perception back to the normal level it should be, then jump into a suit of power armor (this is if your head is permanently crippled. Supposedly entering the power armor fixes the crippled visuals).

Another said you just have to keep getting crippled and fixing until it fixes itself. Said it might take several tries to use the recripple head method to work.

Last one I found was using console commands again, but quite risky. I'd hold off on this one as a last resort. Basically involves using resurrect on yourself. I'd offload all equipment and items from your inventory. You go into third person view, click on your character to get id, then just use the resurrect command. Some players, it just crashed their game, so it may or may not work. Use at your own risk I'd say. They did not, that you should have a separate save before you try this. Then do a quick save. After you do the resurrect command, revert back to the quick save and it should be fixed. If fixed, do another hard save. Exit out and restart the game.

User Info: GamerQ_1986

GamerQ_1986
2 years ago#3
At this point I just want to know its actually effecting my real stats. Vats seems to be the same and with it being -1 perception vats would be unusable and its definantly usable. I noticed though when I used orange mentats and regular mentats I did not see any increase in vats accuracy so im wondering if the only way to raise my perception is to increase it in the perk chart. Man this really blows....
Intel I7 4790(non k) 3.6GHz,16gb RAM DDR3,GTX 1080, MSI Z97 PC mate MOBO, Corsair 540. Pc gaming is amazing but consoles is where I came from.

User Info: Paragon21XX

Paragon21XX
2 years ago#4
What shows up when you press Q in the status window?
Hmm...

User Info: HiSaZuL

HiSaZuL
2 years ago#5
Type player.getvalueinfo perception

If -1 comes from temporary adjustment then not really sure. If permanent then it can be fixed with modav perception 1. The only way I could see fixing a borked temporary adjustment is though memory editing... or digging though console in case there is a way to modify that.

User Info: Redwall Dude

Redwall Dude
2 years ago#6
Is this a bug or a feature? Personally I think it's realistic that you can't come back 100% the same after a significant blow to the head.
#yolo

User Info: HiSaZuL

HiSaZuL
2 years ago#7
It's a bug. Most likely some internal saving hickup with temporary adjustments.

I'm stuck with permanent temporary buff of +1 agility.... No idea where it came from and I just left it there. Probably has to do with that settlement item that gives you temporary agility buff and it screwed up somewhere and got stuck.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. -1 Perception bug. Is there a fix for this? Fallout 4 PC
  • Topic Archived