• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Do cheats disable achievements?
PainoGamer 6 years ago#1
I ask this because I used "TCL" (noclip) to get unstuck because I was stupid and jump too much. I only have one achievement and its for hitting level 5, I don't even have the achievement for Entering the Wasteland or doing the Minuteman quest...

Not that I care about achievements, just another bug I guess.
Best game ever:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZhnGQXWi1U&feature
STG Deathbot 6 years ago#2
It's not a bug. It's intended and worked this way with the previous Fallout games as well. The moment you use the console, it removes achievements until you restart the game. I'm not 100% sure for this game, but with 3 and New Vegas, you could use a code, save, exit the game, reload it from Steam, then achievements would be active again.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
The_tall_midget 6 years ago#3
It's to prevent stupid noobs from getting achievements they don't deserve by being pathetic little cheaters.

Working as intended.
Let's go Brandon!
Kai_Laguna 6 years ago#4
hmm, I increased my carry weight and I'm still getting achievements.
SuperGamer5 6 years ago#5
Yeah, console commands don't usually disable achievements. I remember accidentally unlocking like half of Skyrim's achievements in one go while messing around with console commands.
BigBoi19 6 years ago#6
The console commands do not disable achievements. But if you're worried about it, you can use the +23 trainer by cheat happens which has stuff that the console cannot do.
(message deleted)
Chielz0r 6 years ago#8
Would be stupid if your achievements get disabled for changing the fov.
Where is Tiffany Dover?
VampLena 6 years ago#9
Yep cheats don't disable achievements this time around. Can confirm in my testing I even got achievements with god mode on. ( TCM like all Beth games).
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Do cheats disable achievements?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A