You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. PC Spec Requirements/Will My PC Run This FAQ *READ BEFORE POSTING*

User Info: MonkeyDLuffy

MonkeyDLuffy
3 years ago#41
SoulOfFayth posted...
Looks like I'll be able it play on low. I was planning to upgrade my graphics card to a GTX960 (I now have a GTX650). My processor is an i5 3350P though(3.1ghz quad), will I have to upgrade that soon too or should I be able to handle high with that processor and a 960?

Don't know if this helps but my rig has an i5 2500k and a GTX 960 and I can run Witcher 3 with better framerate, better graphics and better performance than PS4. If F4 is graphically inferior or same as W3, I suspect you won't have any trouble with 960
"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!" Ned Flanders' mom
(edited 3 years ago)
(message deleted)

User Info: Postaga

Postaga
3 years ago#43
Sorry, I don't know computer parts very well. My processor is pretty old, and I'm wondering if it'll be able to play Fallout 4 adequately. On my system information it says it's an intel i5 760 2.8 GHz. I'm fairly certain my graphics card and RAM are fine, but will this processor make running the game well difficult?

User Info: Muppet Vader

Muppet Vader
3 years ago#44
Postaga posted...
Sorry, I don't know computer parts very well. My processor is pretty old, and I'm wondering if it'll be able to play Fallout 4 adequately. On my system information it says it's an intel i5 760 2.8 GHz. I'm fairly certain my graphics card and RAM are fine, but will this processor make running the game well difficult?

You might have some issues if you try bumping up the graphics above low-medium. But we don't know for certain, you might be able to get mid-range across the board.
"36: God of Overlords"

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
3 years ago#45
MonkeyDLuffy posted...
SoulOfFayth posted...
Looks like I'll be able it play on low. I was planning to upgrade my graphics card to a GTX960 (I now have a GTX650). My processor is an i5 3350P though(3.1ghz quad), will I have to upgrade that soon too or should I be able to handle high with that processor and a 960?

Don't know if this helps but my rig has an i5 2500k and a GTX 960 and I can run Witcher 3 with better framerate, better graphics and better performance than PS4. If F4 is graphically inferior or same as W3, I suspect you won't have any trouble with 960

Good to know. I'm not one of those PC gamers who always has to have at leat 60fps otherwise it's omgunplayablewharglblargl. If it performs fine at 30fps with PS4 quality graphics I'm happy.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'
Got 8gb of RAM and a 980SC but oh, my measly i7-4770k...
"Love is a way of feeling less alone. So what's all the fuss about?"
--Strapping Young Lad

User Info: Muppet Vader

Muppet Vader
3 years ago#47
chronomatic dreamer posted...
Got 8gb of RAM and a 980SC but oh, my measly i7-4770k...

4770k at 3.5GHz with that set up will prolly run it at High settings or better. You can OC a 4770k like a champ too, so you're good.
"36: God of Overlords"

User Info: badfish04

badfish04
3 years ago#48
will this run? not looking for top end quality, just need to see if will run well enough for me not to murder my cpu.

CPU INTEL|CORE I5 2500K 3.3G 6M R ~ overclocked @ 3.5
XFX|HD-697A-CNFC HD6970 2GB R
16 GB RAM

I know the radeon is below what they say are minimum specs but it is a 2gb card.
Will the processor and ram make up for the VC?

User Info: cloakedboltz

cloakedboltz
3 years ago#49
wiimann123 posted...

People always go way overboard with their RAM, just because they think it's so cheap..... Or because they really like to keep 20 tabs open in their browser while they play a game.

My virtual machines need a lot of RAM.

User Info: GoGBlackfire

GoGBlackfire
3 years ago#50
i5-4670k @ 3.4 GHz
8 GB RAM
760 2GB

I am curious how much the 760 at on 2GB of VRAM will hamper me on a 1440P monitor. I know I need to upgrade the GPU but part of me just says f*** it, save the $ and get it on the PS4.
Do you even Praise the Sun, bro?
PSN - Epic28
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. PC Spec Requirements/Will My PC Run This FAQ *READ BEFORE POSTING*