You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. PC Spec Requirements/Will My PC Run This FAQ *READ BEFORE POSTING*

User Info: Blitz4532

Blitz4532
2 years ago#211
You should be fine, just have to make the usual warning about possibly getting frame dips in downtown Boston due to optimisation; some mods do fix that.
I am the Stig
Often described as "morally peculiar"

User Info: hyskoa2020

hyskoa2020
2 years ago#212
Its funny that I could still run the game even though I only have 4GB RAM inside my laptop, the has set it to the lowest performance and not to mention I occasionally experience a drop in fps. Well I do plan on upgrading my laptop's RAM when I feel like it.
Pinoy Ako!!!
PSN: gedomazo123

User Info: Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie
2 years ago#213
Is this CPU intensive? I've got a decent card but s***ty/old CPU.
An Old Chinese Riddle: "If a knife can cut into meat, what is the meat able to cut into?"

User Info: Evil_Geoff

Evil_Geoff
2 years ago#214
Atomic Wedgie posted...

Yes, it's CPU intensive. Define "s***ty/old CPU". I am running a stock i7-2600, from 2011, and the game plays fine.
Hah! You kids these days got it easy. I started playing video games with PONG. Now THAT was a video game! And get off my lawn!
(edited 2 years ago)

User Info: Atomic Wedgie

Atomic Wedgie
2 years ago#215
Evil_Geoff posted...
Atomic Wedgie posted...

Yes, it's CPU intensive. Define "s***ty/old CPU". I am running a stock i7-2600, from 2011, and the game plays fine.

I've got a Q6600. (O.o'')
An Old Chinese Riddle: "If a knife can cut into meat, what is the meat able to cut into?"

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
1 year ago#216
So, the game usually runs fine for me normally, but there seems to be some sort of memory leak or similar-looking issue with my game...

I've tried keeping an eye on the game using task manager, and I've noticed that when I first start the game, it's using up around 3 GB of memory. When I keep the game absolutely still (pause screen), I can see that the memory the game uses seems to go up by around 0.1 MB every 4-5 seconds or so. Eventually what this means is that the game gradually increases toward 4 GB usage and beyond, and when it gets this far problems start occurring, there is some choppiness and stutters. If I keep trying to play the game much further beyond this point, it eventually just CTDs, usually when I transfer to a new area.

For the record, I have 12 GB of RAM on my system, so I don't think lack of RAM is the issue. I'm not playing with mods or maxed settings or anything like that.

I can temporarily resolve it by just restarting the game, but this means that I'm having to restart the game every few hours or so just to keep it stable. It's kind of a pain and I don't hear about other people having to do this with their game.

I understand there's probably a multitude of different things that could be causing something like this, but can anyone list some potential culprits so that I could investigate?

User Info: Muppet Vader

Muppet Vader
1 year ago#217
Philip027 posted...
So, the game usually runs fine for me normally, but there seems to be some sort of memory leak or similar-looking issue with my game...

I've tried keeping an eye on the game using task manager, and I've noticed that when I first start the game, it's using up around 3 GB of memory. When I keep the game absolutely still (pause screen), I can see that the memory the game uses seems to go up by around 0.1 MB every 4-5 seconds or so. Eventually what this means is that the game gradually increases toward 4 GB usage and beyond, and when it gets this far problems start occurring, there is some choppiness and stutters. If I keep trying to play the game much further beyond this point, it eventually just CTDs, usually when I transfer to a new area.

For the record, I have 12 GB of RAM on my system, so I don't think lack of RAM is the issue. I'm not playing with mods or maxed settings or anything like that.

I can temporarily resolve it by just restarting the game, but this means that I'm having to restart the game every few hours or so just to keep it stable. It's kind of a pain and I don't hear about other people having to do this with their game.

I understand there's probably a multitude of different things that could be causing something like this, but can anyone list some potential culprits so that I could investigate?

Honestly, you'd probably have better lock on the support page of the official forums.
36: God of Overlords

User Info: Omega_Jade

Omega_Jade
1 year ago#218
My friend is looking for a new PC and has been looking at some systems.
I have a list of what she is looking out.

she wants to use Mods for the first time so here's the list she sent me:

Operating System:Windows 10
Cpu Model Family:amd fx
Computer Memory Size:8 GB
Hard Disk Size:1024 GB
Graphics Coprocessor:AMD

Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Cpu Model Family:FX Series Six Core FX 6300
Hard Disk Size:1 TB
Graphics Coprocessor:AMD Radeon R7

Operating System:Windows 10
Cpu Model Family:fx 4300
Hard Disk Size:1 TB
Graphics Coprocessor:Nvidia GeForce GT 720

Operating System:Windows 10 Home
Cpu Model Family:amd a4
Hard Disk Size:1000 GB
Graphics Coprocessor:AMD Radeon HD 8470D

User Info: Ogreatgames

Ogreatgames
1 year ago#219
Fallout 4 sure knows how to fallout dreams of some who's dying to play it yet don't have the required spec.
Hey check out http://www.ogreatgames.com for great video games & more!
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. PC Spec Requirements/Will My PC Run This FAQ *READ BEFORE POSTING*