You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. PC Spec Requirements/Will My PC Run This FAQ *READ BEFORE POSTING*

User Info: Linux_Is_Epic

Linux_Is_Epic
3 years ago#11
MrSprings posted...
Why would you want to play a game in such bad quality though? Surely you'll crash to desktop more often than someone who does meet the requirements.

Well, it's either this or get it on PS4. Those are my choices.

I would prefer it on PC so that after I beat the game, I can play around with console commands and do crazy stuff for replay value.
Linux Mint, for the win!
http://www.linuxmint.com/

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
3 years ago#12
I expect PS4 will eventually have access to the console as well since mods are coming to it. I just couldn't imagine enjoying it at <30fps.

User Info: Linux_Is_Epic

Linux_Is_Epic
3 years ago#13
MrSprings posted...
I expect PS4 will eventually have access to the console as well since mods are coming to it. I just couldn't imagine enjoying it at <30fps.

How will that be possible? The only console game in history that I can think of that gave you access to console commands is Two Worlds II and even then, it was a pain in the ass with the controller. I never played the first one, so I can't comment on that.

If they enabled it on the consoles, that would be great for me. I'm not sure how the PS4 would handle me doing crazy stuff like spawning an army of Deathclaws or Super Mutant Behemoths to fight for fun.
Linux Mint, for the win!
http://www.linuxmint.com/

MrSprings
3 years ago#14
Hard to say... this is gonna push some boundaries I think.

User Info: Blulightning

Blulightning
3 years ago#15
amzgspyderman posted...
wiimann123 posted...
Has this been confirmed? I only have 6 GB of RAM.

that's 75% of the minimum required ram. even if you manage to get it to start how well do you think it'll work?

It may be 75% of the requirements.... but It's also 50% more than pretty much any other program in the world uses.

The requirements are BS. It's very unlikely Fallout 4 would actually utilize more than 4GB of RAM alone.
Why? Because pretty much no program in the world uses much more than 4GB of RAM by itself. Most games don't even use 2GB. And Windows doesn't really ever use more than 1GB.

People always go way overboard with their RAM, just because they think it's so cheap..... Or because they really like to keep 20 tabs open in their browser while they play a game.
... Said me.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: Blulightning

Blulightning
3 years ago#16
To re-emphasize that the 'requirements' are over-rating RAM.... Notice how "8 GB" is both in the requirements and in the recommended specs. It does not change.
This doesn't mean that the amount is not variable. This means that they are over-rating the specified requirements by a large degree so that it doesn't need to be adjusted for the recommended settings.

Why would they do this? Simply because it's never been recommended for anyone to mix-match RAM by professionals, meaning that it's either 4GB or 8GB. 3GB and 6GB requires mix-matching RAM.
And in the case of 4GB, if they are already over-stating their requirements, why not go for 8 just to be safe, you know?
This gives them room not just for the Windows and the game, but also room for anything the user might be doing in the background.... Like the previously mentioned 20 browser tabs open.

So to avoid having to support people slowing their game down with background processes.... Is it not easier to just say they require 8GB of RAM? It sure is.
And I guarantee you all that's what they're doing.... There is no way in hell this game would ever actually use 8GB of RAM.
... Said me.
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: JustPlainEvil

JustPlainEvil
3 years ago#17
I have a 270(non-x)overclocked to 270x levels.

Paired with a 4690k@4.2ghz..would this even run decent on high?
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
i5 4670k, R9 270x, 8GB Memory, MSI G43Gaming, Seasonic 660w. 3DSFC;0018-0522-3556

User Info: Goblins

Goblins
3 years ago#18
i have a i5 4670k with a gtx 970 gpu and only 8 gigs of ram will just meeting the ram requirements hurt me or the game not work at all?

MrSprings
3 years ago#19
Yes meeting the recommended RAM requirements, which are the same as the minimum, will make the game not work.

User Info: Triod

Triod
3 years ago#20
Blulightning posted...

Why would they do this? Simply because it's never been recommended for anyone to mix-match RAM by professionals, meaning that it's either 4GB or 8GB. 3GB and 6GB requires mix-matching RAM.

That's not really true, my PC uses triple channel kits. It had 3 gigs of RAM when I bought it, upgraded to 6 later on and now I'm up to 12.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. PC Spec Requirements/Will My PC Run This FAQ *READ BEFORE POSTING*