You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. PC Spec Requirements/Will My PC Run This FAQ *READ BEFORE POSTING*

User Info: Muppet Vader

Muppet Vader
3 years ago#1
Purpose
The purpose of this guide is to determine if you PC can run Fallout 4 at various settings and to help declutter the forums.

What you need to run Fallout 4

A PC with these minimum system specs:

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Will my computer run this with specs lower than the minimum?
- It most likely will, but not at optimal performance. If your process isn't an i5 running at minimal of 2.5 GHz you will need to upgrade your processor or risk choppy performance.
- If you have less than 8 GB of RAM your computer will not run this game and you will encounter a system error notifying you that you need more memory.
- If you Graphics card is not on par with the above listed, you will have a degraded experience. Older cards may not be able to run the game at all. Your mileage may vary.

Will my computer run this with specs that meet or exceed the minimum?
- Yes, provided your have a working computer.

Will my computer run this game on High/Ultra settings?
- If your computer meets or exceeds the following you should be able to play the game on High settings. If you computer exceeds the following you should be able to play on higher settings.

Recommended

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

My computer won't run this! Should I buy a new computer, build a computer or just buy a console instead?
- That's tough, you should check with your financial advisor to determine the best course of action. Or go mow some yards.

Where can I find the source for this information?
- http://bethesda.net/#en/events/game/prepare-for-the-future-fallout-4-important-release-info/2015/10/08/35
- There ya go.

Should I make a topic asking if my computer will run the game?
- No. If you aren't able to figure it out based on the above and genuinely need help, post in this topic. You will be flamed and labeled a troll if you post a new topic. Thank you.

Should I make a topic joking about my computer being able to run this?
- Sure, if that's what you think is funny. But wouldn't a discussion about the actual game be more interesting?

Why didn't someone make a topic like this before?
- Because it's GameFAQs.com, and we're all suckers for punishment around here.

Feel free to post your questions below.

User Info: MegaMelon

MegaMelon
3 years ago#2
I meet the minimum but my question is whether you guys predict I'll be able to play at 1080p@60fps. I've got an i5-4440@3.10Ghz, 8Gb RAM and a GTX 960 2Gb. Maybe on medium?
(message deleted)

User Info: Triod

Triod
3 years ago#4
wiimann123 posted...
If you have less than 8 GB of RAM your computer will not run this game and you will encounter a system error notifying you that you need more memory.

Has this been confirmed? I only have 6 GB of RAM.

Nobody can confirm anything until the game is out.

User Info: amzgspyderman

amzgspyderman
3 years ago#5
wiimann123 posted...

that's 75% of the minimum required ram. even if you manage to get it to start how well do you think it'll work?

8G for $44:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J8E91UO?ie=UTF8&tag=cursegaming0f-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B00J8E91UO
"Brewmaster doesn't even have to DO damage to tank. Literally, zero. None." - socialUnknown
(edited 3 years ago)

User Info: MrSprings

MrSprings
3 years ago#6
RAM is way too cheap to let that stop you...

User Info: Linux_Is_Epic

Linux_Is_Epic
3 years ago#7
Triod posted...
wiimann123 posted...
If you have less than 8 GB of RAM your computer will not run this game and you will encounter a system error notifying you that you need more memory.

Nobody can confirm anything until the game is out.

Fair enough.

Still wish I could know somehow beforehand.

Hoping I can somehow get by with these specs on low even though they don't meet the minimum:

Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 650m (2 GB)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.3GHz (Quad Core)

Memory: 6 GB RAM

It would surprise me if I can't since I can run GTA V on low. (A little laggy and very warm, but it runs.)
Linux Mint, for the win!
http://www.linuxmint.com/

MrSprings
3 years ago#8
Why would you want to play a game in such bad quality though? Surely you'll crash to desktop more often than someone who does meet the requirements.

User Info: MonkeyDLuffy

MonkeyDLuffy
3 years ago#9
My CPU meets the minimum as its an i5-2500 and I've got 8g RAM. I've also got a 960 GPU which is more than the recommended settings according to steam. But since my CPU only justs meets the minimum, will I still get performance issues?
"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!" Ned Flanders' mom

MrSprings
3 years ago#10
Hard to say. We know bethesda games are CPU intensive so you might get 60fps in some areas and 15 in others.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. PC Spec Requirements/Will My PC Run This FAQ *READ BEFORE POSTING*