• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Institute leader and Far Harbor question..
omniarch 5 years ago#1
I'm curious how DiMA reacts, he practically creamed himself when I said I murdered the Institute. I have a Railroad, Brotherhood, and Minutemen playthrough but not an Institute one. So I'd like to know!
MrEfff 5 years ago#2
Kinda disappointing, actually. You say your "with" the Institute. He says that's bold of you to say, but appreciates the honesty then asks you not to mention Acadia to the Institute.

You then have the option to tell the Institute about Acadia, but I haven't done that.
Xbox tag = Reverend Smut.
Friend code = 2380-2875-8484
metroidman92 5 years ago#3
I've been torn on this issue myself. I destroyed the BoS and the RR, I lead the institute, but have been thinking of wiping them out as well. Not sure what my end game will be with FH. I'm leaning towards The CoA On that subject, will siding with The Children of Atom make the mainland Children non hostile?
[You take a sip from your trusty Vault 13 Canteen.]
Death is a preferable alternative to communism!
phishface 5 years ago#4
The excellent thing with the Institute path is that [spoilers follow]:

You can reclaim all the synths, including DiMA. Basically, you teleport in with a heavy duty synth and courser army, subdue all the synths, and teleport them back to the Institute for reprogramming. If you ask what they plan do with DiMA, they're not very interested, but say they'll probably take him apart to see what went wrong (the implication is "if we have time" - it sounds like he'll end up forgotten in some store room).

I think it's really well done, because throughout the whole quest line, it comes across as the Institute treating the situation as a tedious chore, rather than anything special. All DiMA's grand dilemmas and doubts are meaningless to the Institute: he's just another trivial, malfunctioning synth.

It really brings home how insignificant all the little dramas in the Commonwealth are compared to what the Institute is doing.
Polo, or mounted combat: https://youtu.be/qC98aGytX10
VasDeferens 5 years ago#5
I started FH having only met the RR and BoS, not having done The Molecular Level yet. For those that started FH already having met the Institute, do you also have an Institute contact you have to report to about Arcadia ?
ANH > TPM > TFA
omniarch 5 years ago#6
metroidman92 posted...
I've been torn on this issue myself. I destroyed the BoS and the RR, I lead the institute, but have been thinking of wiping them out as well. Not sure what my end game will be with FH. I'm leaning towards The CoA On that subject, will siding with The Children of Atom make the mainland Children non hostile?

Sadly, no.
GuitarGuy304 5 years ago#7
metroidman92 posted...

Honestly the best course of action (imho) is just to make peace with all 3. All you have to do is kill the current CoA leader and replace him with a synth and then everyone can exist in quasi-harmony with no more unnecessary deaths (plus that means all vendors are still available)
XI_NightLord_IX 5 years ago#8
omniarch posted...
metroidman92 posted...

Sadly, no.

It does however give you a new dialog option with the Mother (leader) at the crater in the glowing sea, and a Children of Atom trader there named Brother Ogden or something like that.

With the Institute, they reclaim the named synths there....but you dont see them IN the Institute after sadly.
I just want more Nuka-Girl and Zetan content...Gimmie
GT: The Pixelverse / Official Unofficial Nuka-Girl of Fallout 76
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Institute leader and Far Harbor question..
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A