• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Ghouls and Mole Rats

User Info: kydude36

kydude36
3 years ago#1
I must say bravo to Bethesda for making Fallout 4 slightly different than 3. Sure they're plenty of similarities, but they've also made some awesome changes, two of which being ghouls and mole rats. These were two enemies that were more of a nuisance than a challenge when playing 3, but now I dread every time I encounter them.

Fighting ghouls is like playing Left for Dead. They attack in packs. They attack from different angles. They jump and lunge at you. They're faster then you think. Wander into a town infested with ghouls, don't expect to come out the same person. They're frightening.

And mole rats! Freakin mole rats!? The easiest thing to kill in Fallout 3, sometimes I'd step over them just to kill a real enemy further away. While they're still easy to kill in 4, they seriously scare me. Running through a supposedly empty and quiet field or grassy area, you think you're ok, and then out of nowhere, 3 mole rats jump up out of the ground. How can you prepare for that? You can't even use VATS as a radar system to see if or where they might appear. If you see 1, get ready, his brothers are coming up soon too.

Fallout 4 is a great game, and yes it does borrow many elements of 3, but I love the subtle tweaking of certain things that change the way we play the game. I feel a whole lot less safe wandering aimlessly around places now

User Info: atomsteele

atomsteele
3 years ago#2
The enemies are much improved. Raiders find cover and try to flank. Death claws and mire lurks use the underground railroad just like the mole rats do. Mirelurk hunters are terrifying now. Super mutants are just a tad less super though.

User Info: Ravaryn

Ravaryn
3 years ago#3
I love the changes. It's refreshing to see that enemies without guns or any sort of ranged attack no longer lazily lumber toward you for an easy target to backpedal away from. Molerats and Ghouls being more erratic and generally faster is nice. Robots self-destructing sometimes blasts a chunk of my HP off because I forget an armless robot does that. Raiders aren't as stupid anymore (except the ones with melee weapons). Hell, even Bloatflies are more interesting than they used to be, with the way they fly back and forth and sometimes try to get up close and sting you. And don't get me started on Stingwings... Can't figure out how Radscorpions always manage to teleport behind me instantly as soon as I shoot them once from 50 feet away though.

About the only things that seem dumber are Super Mutants. They don't seem to like using cover, or any tactics past "stand there and shoot at it/run at it with a 2x4".

User Info: atomsteele

atomsteele
3 years ago#4
Well super mutants are pretty dumb in general. I killed one who attacked a settlement and his orders said "Kill, Loot, Return" lol.

User Info: LOOOPS

LOOOPS
3 years ago#5
atomsteele posted...
Well super mutants are pretty dumb in general. I killed one who attacked a settlement and his orders said "Kill, Loot, Return" lol.

Well... that's my strategy as a FO4 player.
I'm looking for Animal Crossing Friends, just got the game. PM me!
FC: 1864-9707-5038

User Info: Ravaryn

Ravaryn
3 years ago#6
atomsteele posted...

Sounds like they've got life figured out.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Ghouls and Mole Rats
  • Topic Archived