• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. How moral are you?
Jedah345 1 month ago#1
So being my first play through I’m trying to be as moral as possible outside of letting settlers that refuse to relocate to my main settlement die. I don’t steal or kill non hostile enemies other than robots. I also joined the minutemen cause they seemed to genuinely want to help ppl. How about you guys?
PSN: Sir_Dies_A_Lot86
DuneMan 1 month ago#2
There's generally enough loot that you can avoid stealing and still be fine. One exception that might get me to steal, even if Preston is following me(he's lame but his perk is nice), is finding the 4 stack of Fusion Cores in one of the ammo boxes at Diamond City.

While I generally go along with Settlers my last playthrough had me 'resetting' Tenpines Bluff. First the guy had a quest to rescue his sister(I think...) but she died within 12 hours of getting the quest. So that just left him. Then the settlement was attacked and he somehow died, which means I probably clipped him with a stray bullet in combat and didn't even notice.

But that works out in the end, as the pre-set Settlers alongside their pre-set beds can be buggy half the time. This results in happiness dropping to 60 or less, making the Settlement less productive and more likely to draw attacks. So sometimes it's easier to just kill everyone present, scrap any beds you can, then bring in new Settlers and beds.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
Jedah345 1 month ago#3
DuneMan posted...
There's generally enough loot that you can avoid stealing and still be fine. One exception that might get me to steal, even if Preston is following me(he's lame but his perk is nice), is finding the 4 stack of Fusion Cores in one of the ammo boxes at Diamond City.

While I generally go along with Settlers my last playthrough had me 'resetting' Tenpines Bluff. First the guy had a quest to rescue his sister(I think...) but she died within 12 hours of getting the quest. So that just left him. Then the settlement was attacked and he somehow died, which means I probably clipped him with a stray bullet in combat and didn't even notice.

But that works out in the end, as the pre-set Settlers alongside their pre-set beds can be buggy half the time. This results in happiness dropping to 60 or less, making the Settlement less productive and more likely to draw attacks. So sometimes it's easier to just kill everyone present, scrap any beds you can, then bring in new Settlers and beds.
I just scrap everything and let them be attacked or let them leave the minutemen after I’ve scrapped their settlement I don’t have any need for it anymore.
Olld-Onne 1 month ago#4
If you are leaving them in the lurch after giving them hope then the playthrough not very moral per se. Would be kinder to not involve yourself if you not in the caring and sharing mood. Even the Nuka Raiders value them to some degree even if it's for looting purposes.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
Jedah345 1 month ago#5
Olld-Onne posted...
If you are leaving them in the lurch after giving them hope then the playthrough not very moral per se. Would be kinder to not involve yourself if you not in the caring and sharing mood. Even the Nuka Raiders value them to some degree even if it's for looting purposes.
I’d care about them but they aren’t grateful enough to me to move to sanctuary or the castle.
Olld-Onne 1 month ago#6
Jedah345 posted...
I’d care about them but they aren’t grateful enough to me to move to sanctuary or the castle.
They are annoying but it best not to bother with the settlements at all if you no interest in really helping them if you are trying to be moral anyway.

I have a few characters but I would say only one of them is actually less moral than what you appear to be doing to the settlements as even my Overboss build needs to keep some of them healthy to get the food from them the silly nuka raiders cant get themselves.

But to be fair the settlements are extremely glitchy and can get very annoying to maintain so I do understand why you feel that way. Complaining there are not enough beds when there clearly are or the fact they may all stop farming and complain there is no food can turn even a saint to odd reactions.
DuneMan 1 month ago#7
Olld-Onne posted...
the fact they may all stop farming and complain there is no food
Yeah, that glitch is apparently triggered when trying to assign a food worker to something else. Suddenly all workers go on strike and everything sucks... Go figure....
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
silly_sausage 1 month ago#8
I'm pretty much the same, my "main" playthrough that I spend the most time in is always as morally good as possible. In fact in the old games, when collecting a reward from a quest giver, there was often an option that said something like "No thanks, your gratitude is reward enough", and I'd always pick that. Most of the time the rewards were just caps or whatever, but one quest had a unique weapon that you specifically had to ask for. Even though it's just a game I couldn't bring myself to choose it.

I remember one quest in this game had "No reward necessary" or something similar as an option, but when I chose it my character said it in such a smug faux-modest tone, and took the reward anyway.
PSN: naathaann
Jedah345 1 month ago#9
DuneMan posted...
Yeah, that glitch is apparently triggered when trying to assign a food worker to something else. Suddenly all workers go on strike and everything sucks... Go figure....
Strange only my companions have done this, mainly strong he doesn’t do anything except walk around and complain about humans. Most of the companions are set as guards but strong won’t stay in the guard tower.
Olld-Onne 1 month ago#10
DuneMan posted...
The game is even buggier than that. I had them all just stop farming and no attempt at assigning anyone was made. Just flat out stopped and complained about food shortages.

I also had a settlement where they all just stood in the farming area never moving or going to bed. All attempts to get them to move or even go sleep failed. Also someone keeps nicking my characters bed even though I assigned them to their own.

Spending ages making a nice stair way to actually connect they can actually use for them to get to their nicely made elevated bedding area only to watch them get stuck on the edge of the flooring and not even use the stairs and then teleport into their living area probably was the last time I bothered to even make anything look good lol.

If the settlements actually worked half decently I would be more into it but they just get on your nerves after awhile.

Jedah345 posted...
Strange only my companions have done this, mainly strong he doesn’t do anything except walk around and complain about humans. Most of the companions are set as guards but strong won’t stay in the guard tower.
Strong only use in a settlement is to complain about you when you use any crafting station while he systematically uses them himself so you have to wait for him to get off it.............and of course then complain you are using it.

He seems to favor the chem station I noticed. He just a big green drug dealer fleecing your settlers with chems so they can get to sleep as he babbles all night about no green stuff. Milk of human kindness indeed. I never send him to my main settlement for real. It will not end well for someone if I did.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. How moral are you?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A