• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. My buddy's gone missing??
Beanie_devil 1 month ago#1
So I completed the quest a long time ago, sent him to the Rexford and he’s been there ever since. I’ve recently started gathering all the collectibles that I missed so far and came across a beer recipe.

so I fast travel to good neighbour, enter the rexford and no buddy to be seen. He’s not anywhere in the hotel or good neighbour, none of my settlements or the shamrock.

anyone heard of this before as I can’t find anything online just about him being lost while travelling. Any advice or is this another case of bugthesda strikes again?
PSN: Beanie_devil
Olld-Onne 1 month ago#2
It should be outside the hotel not inside. It will attack hostiles so if any of the triggermen are around in the alleys it may go off to fight them. It maybe stuck fighting something on route although that should have stopped if you left the cell.

The best option would have been to keep it and kill Rufus as that ends the quest and you get to keep the robot. It possible it despawns after you deliver it. I never have lol. Or I did once to see it standing outside in the rain so I reloaded that one.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
Beanie_devil 1 month ago#3
So it’s already been delivered to the Rexford and has always been inside since I finished the quest. As you walk in it’s always been next to the bar on the right. I haven’t sent him anywhere, no one mentions him and I have looked everywhere in goodneighbour and can’t find him. (I always kill the 3 trigger men in the alley when ever I go to good neighbour as they always respawn)
Olld-Onne 1 month ago#4
It never went inside when I did it but this is a beth game. It may despawn if you give it to Rufus is all I can assume. Or it not protected once you give it to him and maybe if you been naughty with Marowski it had a bit of a fight and lost. The drinking buddy will turn hostile to anyone that is hostile to you.

Have you checked the chem dealers basement. It could be upstairs as it does tend to move around in my settlements anyway.
Beanie_devil 1 month ago#5
I killed maroski A while ago and buddy has been in the Rexford since I killed him. As far as I know, no one else would have been hostile to them in the Rexford, even doing Nuka world leaders quests.

I have checked everywhere in the Rexford, including the locked rooms and the basement, the shamrock and the journey in between, he’s no where to be found :(
Olld-Onne 1 month ago#6
It's possible he despawned for some reason :(. You can try resetting Goodneigbour by not going for about a week in game or even longer. It's a slim chance but he maybe stuck in a wall and not visible. If you have berry mentats you can see if he is in a wall in the Hotel.

I would recommend keeping him in future as as long as the quest is active he is invincible and can be used as a settlement defence with a handy marker to boot.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. My buddy's gone missing??
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A