• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Armor stacking glitch
EdgejrIII 6 months ago#1
Im playing without mods. I used to know how to equip multiple hats at once, but it’s been a long time and I forgot, BUT recently my game allowed my to equip chest gear with the Grognak outfit, which the game isn’t supposed to allow you to do, but it unequiped when i added mods pieces to it. Then the game has been adding hats equipped to my character so I have 4 hats now. I just want to wear a chest piece with the grognak outfit, anyone have any idea how that glitch works?
Olld-Onne 6 months ago#2
Yes, it's called ballistic weave..............

XD
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
EdgejrIII 6 months ago#3
You cant use that on grognak armor though, but my purpose isn’t defense, I just want chest armor on so im not practically nude. I was able to equip chest armor again, but I still don’t know how it’s happening, it unequiped after altering the piece at the workbench
Olld-Onne 6 months ago#4
It possible the costume is taking up the leg slots as well as the body which maybe causing confusion when equipping another chest piece. I have not heard of this glitch myself so you will probably have to find out why because some one has to first. Adding mods may simply be informing the game you already have a chest piece on or the chest slot for the mod is showing two and one gets removed because of that.
Squeasyorange 2 months ago#5
How do you stack hats? do they work with helmets and masks?

Sera67 2 months ago#6
I don't remember "stacking", Just equipping certain hats, and then equipping certain armors wouldn't remove said hat. Allowing you to have a hat on...with out seeing said hat.

You'd have to look thru wiki's hats for which ones.

Choco Cookies!
craig_psn 2 months ago#7
The Yellow Slicker Hat is probably the most commonly used hat that can be stacked with certain other headgear.

I have seen armor pieces become invisible, in that they're equipped but you can't see them. They are modded Legendary pieces on my companion.
Squeasyorange 2 months ago#8
craig_psn posted...
The Yellow Slicker Hat is probably the most commonly used hat that can be stacked with certain other headgear.

I have seen armor pieces become invisible, in that they're equipped but you can't see them. They are modded Legendary pieces on my companion.
So when you mean stacked, do you mean you can visibly see the hat and also see the headgear? I'm in the process of making a video on how to actually wear armor over clothing but I haven't been able to get any head stuff to work
craig_psn 2 months ago#9
^ I just meant that the hats' effects were stacked. This was a long time ago and I don't remember anything else.

A couple other things about "invisible" armor I remembered: some Synth Legendary armor pieces are often unseen when I'm wearing them. I really don't look at my character much, but I've noticed that at least. Also, I have a Provisioner who is wearing both power armor and a full set of Heavy Combat Armor. She is running probably the toughest route and never has a prob. Once I followed her (a fair bit back) for a while and she left a long trail of corpses along the way. There is weirdness if I try to change her armor, in fact I don't think I can unequip her "under-wear". Edit: she stole the Power Armor. And yes, it was and is unpowered!
(edited 2 months ago)
Olld-Onne 2 months ago#10
Female Provisioner: "I'm being sent on the hardest supply line, for shame. I'm a taking this power armor."

Settler: "But the General never said you could and there is no fusion core either............"

Female Provisioner with intelligence 20 stat: "You see this Tato?. I have been studying it and I conclude it has unlimited tapped energy stored inside it. Of course we only can get so much out of digesting them but they should be the next evolution of power for our society to take." *slams Tato in PA and gets in.*
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Armor stacking glitch
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A