• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Fallout 5 location?
AsIfByMagic 4 months ago#41
speedingandroid posted...
I think Detroit could be a good option for a Fallout 5. It's got a long, storied history going from a mining and port city, to a car manufacturing city, and becoming an economic giant before it fell on hard times. Plus, the Willow Run Air Craft Manufacturing Plant in fairly close to it, which had a ton of WW2 Bombers come from it. Plus, the demographics change as soon as you go over a road in some regions around Detroit, which already feels like vidya. One minute, you're going through a city neighborhood, and the next, you've managed to enter into "Swamp People" territory.
Could be that, in the Fallout timeline, manufacturing either never stopped, or stopped for a couple decades before picking back up, and potentially booming in the decades leading up to the Great War. Motorized Chariots could be an addition too, if you want to larp as a legionary again.
This reminds me of an old thing someone made with screenshots of Fallout next to photos of Detroit, and it kills me that all the links are dead.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/939933-fallout-3/51877244

They could have an endgame twist that no bombs ever fell there and it was a post-apocalyptic ruin naturally.
AsIfByMagic posted...
This reminds me of an old thing someone made with screenshots of Fallout next to photos of Detroit, and it kills me that all the links are dead.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/939933-fallout-3/51877244

They could have an endgame twist that no bombs ever fell there and it was a post-apocalyptic ruin naturally.
There's one picture at the end of the first page and
https://laughingsquid.com/wp-content/uploads/detroit-packard-plant-20080815-171843.jpg
It's already in the right state.
Beanie_devil 2 months ago#43
Bearprint posted...
Yeah, Miami or California.

But the real question is if we'll ever see Fallout again on the Playstations.
isnt there a fan made mod for Miami?? I think LA would be a good location myself.
PSN: Beanie_devil
c_s_tadsen 1 month ago#44
Beanie_devil posted...
I think LA would be a good location myself.

LA was already used... It's the city in the original Fallout that is known as Necropolis. It was left so heavily radioactive from the Great War that only ghouls and super mutants could survive there for any length of time.
<(0.0<) <(0.0)^ ^(0.0)^ ^(0.0)> (>0.0)>==============O
"Kirby... Ka... Me... Ha... Me... HAAAAA!!!!!!"
OmegaFlare18 1 month ago#45
what about Philadelphia?
Butthead24 1 month ago#46
Somewhere in Florida.
"Samuel Johnson is right about Olson Johnson's being right." - Howard Johnson
Zach_Nightt 1 month ago#47
the_old_days posted...
The NCR will have won the Second Battle of the Hoover Dam
Stopped reading right there. The fun point about a lot of these games is how open-ended they're supposed to be. All Fallout 4 mentions of the Capital Wasteland is that Maxon became head of the Brotherhood, and that the Water was purified. That's it.

Also, Bethesda seems to want to avoid dipping into any form of continuity from games they didn't develop. New Vegas wouldn't be touched upon by a 5000-foot pole, lest they attract ire from the fanbase. Unless they let Black Isle Studios make it.

Lastly, and a case in point for the above, Fallout's bigger draw was how one's actions shaped the story. So you saying "I want the NCR to be the victors!" would draw MASSIVE fire from people who preferred one of the other endings, as it invalidates Their choice.
"And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero."
-Vriska Serket, Thief of Light "Yeah!!!!!!!!"
jbergman 4 weeks ago#48
I guess we'll know around 2030, no way the game will come out before that.
PSN: Bergmanj
the_old_days 4 weeks ago#49
Such righteous indignation.

Bethesda steamrolls the lore however they please. If they want to incorporate lore and locations from the West Coast and retcon the endings to New Vegas, they will. They don’t give two s***s for the old Black Isle fanbase, unfortunately. They incorporated elements of the NCR and the West Coast into FO4, such as the Herbologists and Kellog’s background. Why wouldn’t they exploit the West Coast lore? It’s theirs to do with as they please.
Who has the Palladium? Diomedes. In Hesperia.
One must not simply play the bass. One must slay the bass.
(edited 4 weeks ago)
Zach_Nightt 4 weeks ago#50
New Vegas is seen as one of the better modern Fallout games. For them to take any of the Endings and canonize it would, quite frankly, piss off the fanbase because their choices don't matter. Last thing any company wants is a game not selling via bad word of mouth. Simple as that.
Your examples are:
-Kellog was around when the NCR was established. It's there to establish how old he is. That's it. Nothing about what they did, where they're going, nothing.
-The Hubologists are a fairly inoffensive group, and don't play any major part in any of the established Factions, like any of the Brotherhood chapters, Enclave, NCR, nothing.

Even in Fallout 4, there's no actual hint as to the full status of the Capital Wasteland. Only:
-The water is drinkable now; no mention of the Lone Wanderer, nor if they sacrificed their life, or had Sarah Lyons sacrifice herself.
-Maxon became head of the Brotherhood of Steel; again no mention of either Sarah nor Owen.

It's another reason Fallout games tend to be all over location- and time-wise, and only pay indirect attention to other games via "This is an event, but we don't know how things turned out." explanations. They Need to keep the open-ended nature of the games open enough so that people can keep their own "canon" established. And with how many different outcomes of New Vegas has on its own (Which factions lived and were wiped out, alongside who won the 2nd Battle of Hoover Dam), making a game around all of those possibilities isn't feasible with current industry standards.
"And you don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero."
-Vriska Serket, Thief of Light "Yeah!!!!!!!!"
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Fallout 5 location?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A