• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Settlers using power armor?

User Info: renzokuken99

renzokuken99
1 month ago#1
I’m still new to the game. I have 2 power armors, and located two more in cages which I can’t open yet (without hacking skill).

Thinking ahead, with multiple power armors and having 15+ fusion cores so far, anyone play around with purposefully “letting” settlers use power armor by leaving suits around with cores installed? I’ve only heard people talking about how to prevent settlers from using PA.

Do I need to repair armors or replace cores if settlers use power armor? The defense could be a big help during raids.
FFRK RW: Divine Veil Grimoire/Godwall -- KcKu
"Where were you Childs?"
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: cougre

cougre
1 month ago#2
Settlers will use power armor if they're attacked. You will need to make sure that the fusion core always has some power left in it.

Even an empty power armor frame is more protection than a t-shirt, but the better shape the armor is in the more it will protect them.

You can also give settlers upgraded weapons, but I believe you'll have to give them ammo too. They have unlimited ammo for their base weapon.
To get the right word in the right place is a rare achievement. - Mark Twain, 1868

User Info: renzokuken99

renzokuken99
1 month ago#3
Well, that’s kind of a drag if it drains the fusion core. I was hoping it would be unlimited. Anyway thanks for the reply
FFRK RW: Divine Veil Grimoire/Godwall -- KcKu
"Where were you Childs?"

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
1 month ago#4
Here's the thing-- it will drain the core down to 1 point and then that point lasts forever.
"Can't wait to count out your coin!" -- Bethesda, 2018

User Info: PadreV

PadreV
1 month ago#5
You can create fusion cores with the proper skills and perks, if I recall correctly.

Also, you can provide your settlers with upgraded armors (not necessarily power armor) and weapons. You only need to give them one round of ammunition for the type of weapon you give them; it is then unlimited for that person.

You may have to occasionally have them get out of the power armor, then take it to an armor station for repairs; be sure to check their inventory if the power armor frame is "missing" pieces. Once an armor piece is "broken", it will no longer be visible on the frame, but should be in the NPC's inventory.

...I think I'm recalling all that correctly... been a long minute since I've played.
Educatio est omnium efficacissima forma rebellionis. Si vis pacem, para bellum.

User Info: chibichibifan04

chibichibifan04
1 month ago#6
Also i believe you can drain your fusion core to 1% and sell it you can buy it back if you wait 3 days and it will be back to 100% if i remember correctly. Please correct me if i am wrong.
"Welcome To JAW's World....Believe It.

User Info: drodge1384

drodge1384
1 month ago#7
PadreV posted...
You can create fusion cores with the proper skills and perks, if I recall correctly.

Also, you can provide your settlers with upgraded armors (not necessarily power armor) and weapons. You only need to give them one round of ammunition for the type of weapon you give them; it is then unlimited for that person.

You may have to occasionally have them get out of the power armor, then take it to an armor station for repairs; be sure to check their inventory if the power armor frame is "missing" pieces. Once an armor piece is "broken", it will no longer be visible on the frame, but should be in the NPC's inventory.

...I think I'm recalling all that correctly... been a long minute since I've played.

I could be wrong but I don't believe all ammunition types are unlimited once in a settler's inventory. As far as I know, the only ammo that is unlimited is for their default weapon (usually .38 cal)

PSN ID: Drewniverse84 *Currently playing: Fallout 76/Fallout 4*
But war? War never changes.

User Info: craig_psn

craig_psn
1 month ago#8
It's for any ammo type. I like to give Provisioners and some settlers gauss rifles, and some others in more dangerous places plasma rifles/pistols. For example. Also good is auto weapons. You get a lot of bang for a single bullet, especially if it's a less-common or expensive ammo type.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
1 month ago#9
Not sure what going on here. NPC's cannot drain fusion cores in Power Armor plain and simple which is why you will likely never get it back. The problem is you also cannot fix any pieces applied once broken. Not much point and it may also cause issues at bed time.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Settlers using power armor?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A