• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Bought the GotY and about to do the DLC

User Info: ILoveTrackbikes

ILoveTrackbikes
2 months ago#1
So I just need Blind Betrayal & Ad Victorium in the base game for the plat. After that I'll be doing the DLC. So anything I should know or do before installing the DLC?

Some things I read:

Don't install Automatron if you want to collect all the special settlers...which I haven't. Just Vault Tek rep, Rylee and the Radio woman.

Something to do about a bug with settlements? I know in Nuka World you can become a raider so something to do with that. Other than that I don't know all the deets.

Any kind souls willing to share what they know or what they wished they knew before doing the DLC?

Also: Found out the GotY is a code on a piece of paper not all on disc which is crappy to say the least but whatevs. Is there any difference between the base game disc and the GotY disc? If there isn't can I just sell my old copy?
We are getting soft... As for me, give me a fixed gear!

User Info: auggie77777

auggie77777
2 months ago#2
The only DLC I really have a problem with is Automatron: once the main quest of the DLC becomes active (you follow the initial radio signal) you will start encountering robots and Rust Devils as part of the random encounters in the game...

I play on the XB1 and maybe it is different with the PS4, but the problem I have is that the robots and Rust Devils seem to become 60% (or more) of the random encounters.

The vanilla game has a level based random encounter system where if you go to a "random encounter hotspot" you will have an "encounter" of which some are hostile and some are not.

But, because Automatron DLC does so many changes to the random encounter system you end up running in to robots or Rust Devils all the time... that might be what you heard about in regards to collecting all the special settlers because a few of them are random encounters and once Automatron is active the chances of running in to them goes way down.

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
2 months ago#3
auggie77777 posted...
The only DLC I really have a problem with is Automatron: once the main quest of the DLC becomes active (you follow the initial radio signal) you will start encountering robots and Rust Devils as part of the random encounters in the game...

I play on the XB1 and maybe it is different with the PS4, but the problem I have is that the robots and Rust Devils seem to become 60% (or more) of the random encounters.

The vanilla game has a level based random encounter system where if you go to a "random encounter hotspot" you will have an "encounter" of which some are hostile and some are not.

But, because Automatron DLC does so many changes to the random encounter system you end up running in to robots or Rust Devils all the time... that might be what you heard about in regards to collecting all the special settlers because a few of them are random encounters and once Automatron is active the chances of running in to them goes way down.
This is true of the PS4 version. As long as ADA has not killed all the initial spawned robots the random encounters will not trigger so avoiding the area will prevent this although a few missions run you close ( especially a Railroad one so do that first before level 15 if worried ) so it will likely eventually trigger. What ever you do not help her until your ready lol.

It's odd that Beth fixed the random vampire attack in Skyrim that many loathed then introduced an even more annoying one in FO4 that not only is worse but seems to trigger way too much in the random encounter nodes.

I would rather go to Far Harbour at level 1 than run into or even worse get jumped by five robots or four Rust Devils with two robots or both at the same time every ten minutes or so at nearly every random encounter spawn. This DLC seems to be there to up the difficulty of the game as long as you trigger the random spawns whether you like it or not. :(

you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Bought the GotY and about to do the DLC
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A