• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Which main Fallout is your personal favourite?

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
4 weeks ago#51
Yeah I'm not saying totally deserted, but the amount of raiders in the game doesn't make sense from a realistic view either if you wanna go that route. I'm talking gameplay though, and it would be nice if not every building was infested with enemies, sometimes you just wanna explore and find the story behind a place without the constant combat.
The Zombie Walkers mod does let you replace a % of some enemy types with (slow walking) ghouls, which is also kinda cool but you're still gunning down ghouls everywhere. Plus it can cause some bugs in quests.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: Vamp_Wraith

Vamp_Wraith
4 weeks ago#52
Yeah. Fallout 4 is plagued with too much unrewarding combat. There’s a certain sense of Fallout soul that was lost in translation somewhere. Even if Bethesda were to address the criticisms in the next game, we probably won’t see it until like 2027.
The one and only true Dante

User Info: HentaiMan

HentaiMan
3 weeks ago#53
I wholly disagree on that, as I cant go back to the stiff gunplay and movement of 3 and nv.
Game of Hope (\^o^)/ https://youtu.be/tCI396HyhbQ https://imgur.com/RpXoLiP
<(^.^<) <(^.^)> http://imgur.com/Mr374Y0 http://imgur.com/COylKWt
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: ScrappyDingo

ScrappyDingo
3 weeks ago#54
I'd probably say 4 if only because mods make the experience soooooo much better.

My first was 3 and I still love it, and NV just screams to me "this would be awesome with mods added".
Cancer free 50 months and counting!
EAGLES ARE SUPER BOWL LII CHAMPIONS

User Info: GrimKusanagi

GrimKusanagi
3 weeks ago#55
I have to go with FO3. Don't get me wrong I admit New Vegas was a better game but 3 was my first and there is a nostalgia that always takes me back to 3.
GT: GrimKusanagi / Current Playing: Dragons Dogma: DA
Pawn: Shadow / Mage
Only played 3 and 4.

3 is a great game, very much a product of its time though. Oblivion with guns in a wasteland setting, more or less.

What makes F3 a better game than JUST being post-apocalyptic TES is the mood of seriousness and humor juxtaposed with each other. Sometimes silly and innocent, sometimes black and brooding, others times a bit of both. It pervades everything, from conversations to quests to perks to enemies.. Characters like Moira and Dad, perks like Bloody Mess or the Mysterious Stranger, stuff as ridiculous as pretend vampires or as serious as sacrificing oneself for the good of humanity, the more serious way super mutants and mutated wild animals are presented compared to F4, etc. All in one game.

The game has character and a feeling as surreal as it is amusing and entertaining. It has that same charm that seemed to have blown off in the wind from Oblivion when Skyrim came out stripped down, barebones and chocked full of mindless radiant crap for quests. Not that Oblvion wasn't mechanically broken as hell and tedious because of it, but it still had better writing particularly in questlines and was much more of a "fun" experience if you don't mind the crazily bad progression system.

F4 kind of walks a line between these two points for me. The game is less involved and there's not as much of the humorous charm (it's still there, unlike with Skyrim) being bit more blasty, but is a very solid game mechanically. I am always impressed when I think of how every build works in F4 without being too invested in it or too easily overpowered, the factions are all self-contained until they intersect near the end of the main quest, it has an involved settlement mechanic which can be almost entirely ignored or suck up all your time...you can truly play it the way you want. And then of course, because it's just the furthest along in the line of TES styled games from Beth, it has the larger amount of content and greater effort on presentation you'd expect from it compared to predecessors. Nuka World in particular is pretty fine as far as DLC add-ons go.

F4 is quite solid overall, and I still enjoy it more more than I did The Outer Worlds and I bounce between it and Skyrim when that gets boring. Picked up NV on Game Pass or something, when I get around to it I'll see what all the fuss about it is I suppose.
23,000 Days in the fire was long enough, Robin, you've gone home...
RIP ROBIN WILLIAMS (July 21, 1951 - August 11, 2014)

User Info: SoulOfFayth

SoulOfFayth
3 weeks ago#57
^I don't think you'll enjoy New Vegas.
'If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face, for ever.'

User Info: Vamp_Wraith

Vamp_Wraith
3 weeks ago#58
bluegender4ever posted...
Only played 3 and 4.

3 is a great game, very much a product of its time though. Oblivion with guns in a wasteland setting, more or less.

What makes F3 a better game than JUST being post-apocalyptic TES is the mood of seriousness and humor juxtaposed with each other. Sometimes silly and innocent, sometimes black and brooding, others times a bit of both. It pervades everything, from conversations to quests to perks to enemies.. Characters like Moira and Dad, perks like Bloody Mess or the Mysterious Stranger, stuff as ridiculous as pretend vampires or as serious as sacrificing oneself for the good of humanity, the more serious way super mutants and mutated wild animals are presented compared to F4, etc. All in one game.

The game has character and a feeling as surreal as it is amusing and entertaining. It has that same charm that seemed to have blown off in the wind from Oblivion when Skyrim came out stripped down, barebones and chocked full of mindless radiant crap for quests. Not that Oblvion wasn't mechanically broken as hell and tedious because of it, but it still had better writing particularly in questlines and was much more of a "fun" experience if you don't mind the crazily bad progression system.

F4 kind of walks a line between these two points for me. The game is less involved and there's not as much of the humorous charm (it's still there, unlike with Skyrim) being bit more blasty, but is a very solid game mechanically. I am always impressed when I think of how every build works in F4 without being too invested in it or too easily overpowered, the factions are all self-contained until they intersect near the end of the main quest, it has an involved settlement mechanic which can be almost entirely ignored or suck up all your time...you can truly play it the way you want. And then of course, because it's just the furthest along in the line of TES styled games from Beth, it has the larger amount of content and greater effort on presentation you'd expect from it compared to predecessors. Nuka World in particular is pretty fine as far as DLC add-ons go.

F4 is quite solid overall, and I still enjoy it more more than I did The Outer Worlds and I bounce between it and Skyrim when that gets boring. Picked up NV on Game Pass or something, when I get around to it I'll see what all the fuss about it is I suppose.

Great post. Going back to Oblivion for a moment though... while I do understand people’s criticism of the level scaling, I personally think the progression system is fantastic, especially if you understand the concept of efficient levelling.
The one and only true Dante
For me:

FO3 > FO4 > NV
Sieg Zeon!

User Info: charcoalswift

charcoalswift
4 days ago#60
New vegas, fallout 4 is boring compared to it
Fire Emblem Heroes ID: 7690620242
Three Houses Waifus: Edelgard, Rhea, Sothis, Lysithea
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Which main Fallout is your personal favourite?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers