You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Survival Mode Infection

User Info: Headcase_Mental

Headcase_Mental
4 weeks ago#1
Started up a survival file, got an infection from sleeping to save as soon as I hit Sanctuary. Has this screwed me this early on?

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
4 weeks ago#2
Bad luck. You're not necessarily screwed though; at that low level enemies will potentially shred through your HP way faster than that infection will.

User Info: Tsukoblue

Tsukoblue
4 weeks ago#3
No, just hope you get some antibiotics from one of the first aid boxes around Sanctuary

If you can find at least 3 of them then you would be set for a while as long as you play carefully

Headcase_Mental
4 weeks ago#4
Philip027 posted...
Bad luck. You're not necessarily screwed though; at that low level enemies will potentially shred through your HP way faster than that infection will.

Lol. How does that make me less screwed?Tsukoblue posted...
No, just hope you get some antibiotics from one of the first aid boxes around Sanctuary

If you can find at least 3 of them then you would be set for a while as long as you play carefully

Sanctuary had none, Rocket had nothing useful, Concord had none. To Diamond City I go.

User Info: EndThisReign

EndThisReign
4 weeks ago#5
It just expedites your need to go to Diamond City, unless you want to blow a perk point on Medic to be able to make your own antibiotics.

Headcase_Mental
4 weeks ago#6
Made it to Diamond City, slept in an abandoned bed to save my game and took a break. Now, I die every time I load up the game. I think that’s my sign to give up on Survival mode. I should have known better than to trust this game with a single save slot.

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 weeks ago#7
Sadly Survival Mode needed to keep at least the 10 minute auto-save. Though IMO I would have made it a five minute auto-save. Without modded changes though, I can't recommend it.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Headcase_Mental
4 weeks ago#8
DuneMan posted...
Sadly Survival Mode needed to keep at least the 10 minute auto-save. Though IMO I would have made it a five minute auto-save. Without modded changes though, I can't recommend it.

Any mods on the PS4 you recommend for Survival?

User Info: DuneMan

DuneMan
4 weeks ago#9
For PS4 specifically? I suppose something like Simple Survival would work. It keeps the need to eat, drink, sleep, and has some infections from eating uncooked food, but otherwise you can save where you'd like and fast travel. The same mod author also has mods to add the DLC weapons and ammo to the Commonwealth.
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao

Headcase_Mental
4 weeks ago#10
DuneMan posted...
For PS4 specifically? I suppose something like Simple Survival would work. It keeps the need to eat, drink, sleep, and has some infections from eating uncooked food, but otherwise you can save where you'd like and fast travel. The same mod author also has mods to add the DLC weapons and ammo to the Commonwealth.

Perfect. Thank ya kindly.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Survival Mode Infection