You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Can't warn Desdemona in the Undercover Underground quest

User Info: TorvaMessorem

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#1
I Googled first and apparently this is a known glitch. But the PC boys have the luck of console commands, and I don't. I don't know why this hasn't been patched yet, but do us console players have any option besides shooting up the Institute?
May the lord of light be with us, for the screen is dark and the script is full of errors.

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#2
There's not even a f***ing mod for it available. What the flying f***. How has nobody made a fix yet?!
May the lord of light be with us, for the screen is dark and the script is full of errors.

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
1 month ago#3
Check sciptonators mod, (not right spelling)

We don't have added assets, so some of fixes don't happen. I know one mod added items that trigger some of events. Never fully used it. =/
Choco Cookies!

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#4
Yeah, I saw that mod. Unfortunately it requires you to have all DLC, which I don't. So I'd be forced to spent money just to get past this.

User Info: morenthal

morenthal
1 month ago#5
Did you check the unofficial patch? It wouldn't help with your current play through (as basically every mod that fixes quests requires a new game to work) but it probably fixes that bug for when you want to replay.

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#6
morenthal posted...
Did you check the unofficial patch? It wouldn't help with your current play through (as basically every mod that fixes quests requires a new game to work) but it probably fixes that bug for when you want to replay.

I tried it and it indeed didn't fix it. I took the time to look through the entire patch notes, but there's nothing in there referring to either Desdemona or the quest. It's a long list, so I used CTRL+F to search for "Desdemona" and "Undercover Underground" but I didn't get any hits.

User Info: morenthal

morenthal
1 month ago#7
TorvaMessorem posted...
morenthal posted...

I tried it and it indeed didn't fix it. I took the time to look through the entire patch notes, but there's nothing in there referring to either Desdemona or the quest. It's a long list, so I used CTRL+F to search for "Desdemona" and "Undercover Underground" but I didn't get any hits.

You tried it with a new playthrough? because it doesn't work unless you do that. Like I explained to you already.

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#8
morenthal posted...
TorvaMessorem posted...
morenthal posted...

You tried it with a new playthrough? because it doesn't work unless you do that. Like I explained to you already.

No not yet. Figured I'd just go for BoS first.

Edit: I should mention I'm going for trophies
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Sera67

Sera67
1 month ago#9
Off question, do you have another quest up for rail road? this can stop progression sometimes.

So if you have cache or side quest going, she might not let you tell her.
Choco Cookies!

TorvaMessorem
1 month ago#10
Sera67 posted...
Off question, do you have another quest up for rail road? this can stop progression sometimes.

So if you have cache or side quest going, she might not let you tell her.

Yeah, that's the weird part. I did them all. And for every mission that PAM gave me, I had to report to Desdemona upon completion. And she lets me talk to her about those and complete the quest. But not when it comes to the Undercover Underground quest. So after delivering her another one of the safehouse quests she just goes back to her default "I'm busy" dialogue.

I'm on a new playthrough right now, just killed Kellogg. Gonna take the railroad route again and backup my save so I can do BoS if RR glitches out again. Those 2 trophies are the last ones I need. And frankly, I don't want to start any DLC until I've seen all the endings.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Can't warn Desdemona in the Undercover Underground quest