You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. So.. creation club broke my game

User Info: Emerald_Noir

Emerald_Noir
1 week ago#1
I have the base game and all DLC.

I've run the game with a lot of CC stuff before. but, here's my problem.

I got the Total defense System double buy (the Sentinel armor and the settlement defense mod) back when they were on a single sale together (it's currently back on that sale).

but when Fallout 76 came, i began playing it.

so now, i began a new game. here's my active CC mod list:

Arcade Workshop Pack
Armor Paint - Army
Armor Paint - Atom Cats
Captain Cosmos
Chinese Stealth Suit
Coffee and Donuts Workshop Pack
Graphic T-Shirt Pack
Hellfire Power Armor
Home Decor Workshop Pack
Horse Power Armor
Modern Furniture Workshop Pack
Modular Military Backpack
Morgans Space Suit
Nuka-Cola Collector Workshop
Pipboy Paint - Patriotic
Power Armor Paint - Patriotic
TransDOGrifer collar
Tunnel Snakes
Sentinel Control System Companion
Settlement Ambush Kit

now, i have more than what's active (Mostly paints of armor, power armor and guns).

And before I bought the Sentinel and Ambush Kit, my game ran fine. but as soon as those two enter my Active List, i lose the ability to open the Vault door at the games start. Nothing happens. I get the pipboy, activate the door... and nothing.

So I deleted the game, and re-downloaded it. I put 97% of those mods into my game, and the Vault Door opened fine. I saved it after escaping the vault.

And when i put those two into my game, i tested New Game.. and again. Vault Door didn't open. ever.

so far the save i made is working fine. just scared other things may break later.

Now, i could simply not use those mods.. but i got them because they were fun.

Why is this happening?
What you are, doesn't make who you are.

User Info: ottselmaster

ottselmaster
1 week ago#2
Ive been having MAJOR issues to. The game crashes when exiting the CC menu, save files dont work right, saving just.... wont happen. Game crashes. WTF are they doing? Its like they want FO4 to be as broken as 76 now.
It wasent just killed, it was MURDERED!!

User Info: alchemy60

alchemy60
1 week ago#3
ottselmaster posted...
WTF are they doing? Its like they want FO4 to be as broken as 76 now.
They're not actively doing this to make the game broken, no game developer wants that as it affects their business. This clearly is not intended by the devs and it's sad that you would try to joke about this
PSN: StealthBlade98
Youtube channel: jagr06

User Info: DeathShinigami

DeathShinigami
1 week ago#4
alchemy60 posted...
ottselmaster posted...
WTF are they doing? Its like they want FO4 to be as broken as 76 now.
They're not actively doing this to make the game broken, no game developer wants that as it affects their business. This clearly is not intended by the devs and it's sad that you would try to joke about this

Yet they keep dropping CC garbage and not fixing the game. Whatever you say.
It was much too big to be called a sword. Massive, thick, heavy and far too rough. Indeed, it was like a heap of raw iron.

Emerald_Noir
1 week ago#5
I had crashes too.. before i began my Fallout 76 play.

If i downloaded even a tiny skin, GAME CRASH when exiting the CC menu to reload the order. but, that didn't happen this time.

I had redownloaded it and didn't get any crashes.

I'm going to try downloading the 3rd party mod that fixes bugs in the game.

I think it's called the Unofficial patch? (I know Mods block Trophies.. but who cares? I hit Plat ages ago)

I've seen it on the Mod List before.

Emerald_Noir
1 week ago#6
ottselmaster posted...
Ive been having MAJOR issues to. The game crashes when exiting the CC menu, save files dont work right, saving just.... wont happen. Game crashes. WTF are they doing? Its like they want FO4 to be as broken as 76 now.

I tested the Directors Cut mods. they fix bugs and restore cut content.

It worked. The Vault Door opened exactly as it should normally. so these mods did indeed fix whatever bug was causing the Vault Door to not open.

Since I already got all trophies.. i guess my game is permanently modded.

I don't know if they'll fix crashes.. as a full play will take ages. so give those mods a try.

User Info: MHettenbach

MHettenbach
1 week ago#7
I mentioned this before, I'm fairly certain that the CC uses the same storage space as other Mods. Because of this if you have too many pieces of content stored on the system it causes all kinds of crap.

you have to completely delete the game and clear all its memory files and then not re-download any of the CC stuff that you aren't actively planning on using. I was able to get my game running again by doing that.

I had all kinds of issues including the 0kb save bug until I did that, and once I removed all the excess CC stuff everything works fine.
PSN: KagatoAC / FF:ARR Rei'sela Leiyal
Lodestone: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3947296/

User Info: ottselmaster

ottselmaster
1 week ago#8
If its any help I can warn you guys DONT download the "New guns mod" It breaks the game badly. Avoid at all costs.
It wasent just killed, it was MURDERED!!

User Info: trigunfan1

trigunfan1
1 week ago#9
This is bs. Part of the selling pitch for CC is that the mods were tested internally in Bethesda. At a dollar for 100 cc points it ain't cheap

Emerald_Noir
1 week ago#10
trigunfan1 posted...
This is bs. Part of the selling pitch for CC is that the mods were tested internally in Bethesda. At a dollar for 100 cc points it ain't cheap

Well, I know that after i downloaded the Sentinal 'Mod' and the Settlement ambush kit my game stopped working right at the start.

Before that, I had an issue where i couldn't talk to my followers. The option just didn't work.

I doubt Creation Club is as monitored as they say. Otherwise I wouldn't need a 3rd party mod to fix a bug that shouldn't be happening.
  1. Boards
  2. Fallout 4
  3. So.. creation club broke my game